Xbox controller

Pachetti

Hello all, just started playing on ephinea haven't played since Dreamcast. Was wondering if I could play with a wired Xbox one controller, if so is there a specific program I should use?

Hello all, just started playing on ephinea haven't played since Dreamcast. Was wondering if I could play with a wired Xbox one controller, if so is there a specific program I should use?
Wired xbox360/ONE/PS4 pads are plug and play dear! Windows should recognize the pad right away and you should be able to fire up PSO without issues. No drivers to download or any of that crap =3. Been using an xbox360 pad for over 14 years now and LOVE IT~! <3 Pounce you later! =3

OH! Before you go SHOVING IT into a Hole like its your GF and expect it to work right away.... Once its plugged in, you'll need to close out and restart PSO completely to get it to handshake. You'll know you're good to go if the pad can toggle the start/exit game menu screen~! <3

I was attempting the same thing, wired xbox 360 controller, but my triggers aren't activating any of the key bindings, any suggestions? everything else is fine except RT and LT.

I was attempting the same thing, wired xbox 360 controller, but my triggers aren't activating any of the key bindings, any suggestions? everything else is fine except RT and LT.

LT and RT are considered as joystick by the game.

The options are either:
  1. Don't use them
  2. Use Xpadder (or similar) to assign keys on them (like 1~0 shortcuts) - Recommended
  3. Use XInput Plus to restore them as buttons (but, as it also use dinput8.dll, you will not be able to use the PSOBB Addon Plugin)

Okay, I was trying to use that PGP program Aether89 had made a layout for but the program was having issues opening for me earlier today. I figured getting a different joypad program would be the easiest option, thanks for the response!

Okay, I was trying to use that PGP program Aether89 had made a layout for but the program was having issues opening for me earlier today. I figured getting a different joypad program would be the easiest option, thanks for the response!
If you use xinput plus, you can try this forked release of the dinput8.dll plugin for addons from https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-addon-plugin-lua-ui-addons.4543/page-41#post-119837

That fork of the addon plugin chains the xinputplus DLL, which then loads the system one instead. But I have never used it so I can't validate if it works or how to troubleshoot, but it looks like it's a simple drop into the directory.

Just so everyone knows, according to this reddit thread Pinnacle Game Profiler was compromised by hackers at some point. The developer for the program apparently died and so the website and software aren't maintained anymore. I tried running the program a couple days ago without realizing and it wouldn't run. Fortunately I didn't seem to get the virus that other people are talking about.

With the program antimicro you can use the add-ons and just rebind the keys from your keyboard to your controller (I've downloaded it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/antimicro.mirror/ and you can rebind the keys to the L and R triggers).

Back