Win10 & Xbone controller

mallo

This has only occurred recently, but has gotten worse. Whenever I start the game if my Xbone controller is not plugged in, it wont be recognized until I restart the game. Further, even when the game recognizes the controller, it stops recognizing the keyboard but only to a certain extent. Some key commands still work, such as hitting the space bar to initiate a chat. However, any ascii character afterwards ends up with nothing.

Previously, I have been able to unplug the controller type out a message, create a name for a group, or enter a password to join a group, plug my controller back in and continue on my merry way. For whatever reason, today that all stopped. I have attempted numerous changes, ie. disabling keyboard in the game settings as a means to controller the character, running the game in compatibility mode to Win7 and with admin, deleting the game entirely and re-downloading it. All to no avail. I am just hoping that my typical luck doesn't kick in where I ask for help and immediately find the answer afterwards.

mallo

Well that explains a lot. IME was enabled, and the driver, which I thought I had installed, fixed the other issue. Thanks :D