Why, hello there!

Yuthar

Friendly Neighbourhood Nerd
Before I start, I apologize in advance if this ends up being an overly long post, I tend to ramble on and on about pretty much everything.

So, I'm not exactly new to the server, I used to play a few months back with my Human Hunter with which I got to around level 32. After that I had quit because of real life complications that left me with, let's say, not as much free time as I would've liked. So, now that said complications are, at least for the forseeable future, gone I was hoping to get back in the game, and maybe try my hand at some oh-so-dreaded social interaction by posting something on the forum, which I completely ignored the first time around. Now, I know I probably sound like an anti-social jerk right now, but hear me out: whenever I start playing an online title, I don't usually make interacting with others a priority, as I often enjoy playing on my own, but I was pleasantly surprised by this community; everyone was so friendly and willing to help, even when I got carried through several TTF runs I didn't feel any pressure, and it legitimately made want to mak friends. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't expecting this when I first downloaded the game: I had recently replayed PS Zero on my DS when I found out the original PSO still had active, albeit unofficial, servers, so my initial goal was to have a short run, just out of sheer curiosity, with the game that started it all, but the community made me wanna stick around and, for a while, I spent my evenings playing with whoever I could find online not because I wanted to progress through the game, but because I just wanted to have fun. For the first time I didn't mind replaying the same levels over and over, simply because every player I met was so friendly and made me feel at home. What I want to say with this topic is 'thank you' for making a noob like me feel welcome in a game that, fascinating as I may find it, I know next to nothing about. I hope I'll be able to be more active on the server and who knows, maybe the forums from now on.

So, it ended up being a wall of text as I had feared, I apologize for that, but I must ask you to put up with it, as it describes how I sincerely feel about this community.

Before I start, I apologize in advance if this ends up being an overly long post, I tend to ramble on and on about pretty much everything.

So, I'm not exactly new to the server, I used to play a few months back with my Human Hunter with which I got to around level 32. After that I had quit because of real life complications that left me with, let's say, not as much free time as I would've liked. So, now that said complications are, at least for the forseeable future, gone I was hoping to get back in the game, and maybe try my hand at some oh-so-dreaded social interaction by posting something on the forum, which I completely ignored the first time around. Now, I know I probably sound like an anti-social jerk right now, but hear me out: whenever I start playing an online title, I don't usually make interacting with others a priority, as I often enjoy playing on my own, but I was pleasantly surprised by this community; everyone was so friendly and willing to help, even when I got carried through several TTF runs I didn't feel any pressure, and it legitimately made want to mak friends. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't expecting this when I first downloaded the game: I had recently replayed PS Zero on my DS when I found out the original PSO still had active, albeit unofficial, servers, so my initial goal was to have a short run, just out of sheer curiosity, with the game that started it all, but the community made me wanna stick around and, for a while, I spent my evenings playing with whoever I could find online not because I wanted to progress through the game, but because I just wanted to have fun. For the first time I didn't mind replaying the same levels over and over, simply because every player I met was so friendly and made me feel at home. What I want to say with this topic is 'thank you' for making a noob like me feel welcome in a game that, fascinating as I may find it, I know next to nothing about. I hope I'll be able to be more active on the server and who knows, maybe the forums from now on.

So, it ended up being a wall of text as I had feared, I apologize for that, but I must ask you to put up with it, as it describes how I sincerely feel about this community.
Squeeeee!! *POUNCES and hugs giggling softly!* Awwwww?? SO Happy you not only like it here, but even with all your trepidations of 'private servers', self imposed Social anxieties, and an adorable sense of "Just the Tip" in trying something out....only to get Sucked in and wanting to Stay! <3! It's not official policy for everyone to be so warm and fuzzy here, but as you saw anyone and everyone Feel it's their place to make those who've chosen our little tribe Feel' that they've come 'Home'. Oh sure, it's only a game right? But when you first hear those opening notes of the title screen, that little tug' on the edges of your mouth to smile...THAT'S Real isn't it? You only wanting to solo a bit to just get your feels back/instant gratification of nostalgia...only to actually find yourself seeking others out or hoping to be pounced yourself for an adventure for the evening...THAT'S Real too isn't it? *Blinks Noticing you looking at mew a little more quizzically and she matches your head tilt* Ok, ok, ok we can sit here and pick apart all the stuff you like and what surprised you the most and what made you wanna stay...But what matters here is you finally Found a place you can call your own and actually enjoy' grinding hours away doing what you had previously wanted to do only to have it ripped from you! So, take that apologetic attitude for being yourself and toss it aside or save it for later for when you REALLY SCREW up dear!! XD! You'll be fine! Oh, and look at this...your mew has "rambled on" too! So...Nya! =PpPpP',','. Psssst, in case you hadn't noticed...we're trying to say... Welcome Home! =3

Last edited:
Squeeeee!! *POUNCES and hugs giggling softly!* Awwwww?? SO Happy you not only like it here, but even with all your trepidations of a 'private servers', self imposed Social anxieties, and an adorable sense of "Just the Tip" in trying something out....only to get Sucked in and wanting to Stay! <3! It's not official policy for everyone to be so warm and fuzzy here, but as you saw anyone and everyone Feel it's their place to make those who's chosen our little tribe that they've come 'Home'. Oh sure, it's only a game right? But when you first hear those opening notes of the title screen, that tug' on the edges of your mouth to smile...THAT'S Real isn't it? You only wanting to solo a bit to just get your feels back/instant gratification of nostalgia...only to actually find yourself seeking others out or hoping to be pounced yourself for an adventure for the evening...THAT'S Real too isn't it? *Notices you looking at mew a little more quizzically and she matches your head tilt* Ok, ok, ok we can sit here and pick apart all the stuff you like and what surprised you the most and what made you wanna stay...what matters here is you finally Found a place you can call your own and actually enjoy' grinding hours away doing what you had previously wanted to do only to have it ripped from you! So, take that apologetic attitude for being yourself and toss it aside or save it for later for when you REALLY SCREW up dear!! XD! You'll be fine! Oh, and look at this...mew has 'rambled on' too! So...Nya! Psssst, in case you hadn't noticed...we're trying to say... Welcome Home! =3
Ahahah, hey, I remember playing with you a few months back! Thanks for the kind words!

I am not sure if you played on the SCHT Server, but you will find getting started here is much easier. I am kind of like you at this point where I don't play in parties much (since I embarked on a rare hunt that I refuse to come out of 'til I find what I am after).

No worries about the introduction. I am sure you're a person of few words unless absolutely necessary. Welcome Aboard!

Back