When customizing appearance, what does the right-thumbstick actually do?

jcorb

This is going to be a super specific question, and it's completely pointless, but I was just genuinely curious for anyone who has more technical knowledge of the game!

There's always been something unique about *how* you customize your characters' proportions in PSO, where you can warp their bodies in all kinds of crazy ways. I've always wondered what those values look like in the game's data itself; being someone with (actual) OCD, I'm *very* particular about my characters' appearance, and where numbers and values are involved, I try to get things as "perfect" as possible.

Which is why in PSO, normally I just don't even touch the characters' proportions, I tend to just leave them on whatever the default is.

But I happened to noticed that when I'm using a controller, the right-thumbstick seems to do... something... in the character creation screen.

I can't be certain, but when it comes to the hair color, it seems like it raises and lowers those values in increments of 1 (presumably, out of 255)?

I wondered, then, if the same is true of the "Proportions" option? Are those "values" being changed in some increment of 1? It doesn't *seem* like it, because it seems like the left-most and right-most values will be slightly askew by a couple of pixels, at least between characters.

Does the data store the characters' proportions by values of Height and Width? Or something like that?

Again, just curious!

Back