What's left to Fix?

Neirene

I asked Matt this question in the lobby the other day but he wanst sure about how to answer me lol, but I just wanted to know what's still broken/not working as intended of the core features of PSOBB? (aka the vanilla game)

NDW

03:US/Fodra:02-11
The ability to purchase Team Point items for selling/trading.

Team Points 500
Team Points 1000
Team Points 5000
Team Points 10000

CTB

JK hate paused, busy!
Machine translation of Nol's first time greeting (EP2)
Wandering Tekker (wip?)
Team name does not appear on Guild Cards
Mag/Cmode stuff (probably as close as it will get?)
unitxt oddities
Translation of quests (...not a bug, but.)
Word Select (probably as close as it will get)
Technique Disk descriptions (not exactly a bug? but they don't appear as they used to for English players.)

thats all i could come up with

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
CM Record windows are also incorrect, as it only loads Episode 1 records even if you open the Episode 2 list, and it doesn't load individual stage records when picking a stage (+ total time if you've cleared all stages).

Soly

falkenjeff said:
That must make getting an S-rank hard if you suck and need to redo stages...
The records in the main menu are fine tho. What Matt talks about is while loading cmode quests at the counter.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
falkenjeff said:
That must make getting an S-rank hard if you suck and need to redo stages...
Like Soly said, making S-Ranks is not broken. The CM record windows at the quest counter just don't read from the right places (and the stage times aren't read at all). It's just an aesthetic thing.

CTB

JK hate paused, busy!
Totally slipped my mind but --/-/+/++ units don't drop either. I think they used to but got pulled because they were applying to units that shouldn't.

Sciaz

CTB said:
Totally slipped my mind but --/-/+/++ units don't drop either. I think they used to but got pulled because they were applying to units that shouldn't.

Odd, I've found units that had them. only one +/- but I've only been on this server for a little while.

Aleron Ives

Matt said:
The CM record windows at the quest counter just don't read from the right places (and the stage times aren't read at all). It's just an aesthetic thing.
Would you happen to know if this was a new feature on BB? I got a report saying that GC was supposed to do the same thing, but that window is controlled by the client on GC, and since the server doesn't know your clear times on GC, it would have been impossible for that window to have shown your times on the official GC server. I find it hard to believe that Sega would have changed the window for BB, though...

CTB

JK hate paused, busy!
Sciaz said:
CTB said:

Odd, I've found units that had them. only one +/- but I've only been on this server for a little while.

I haven't seen any on my Redria from 1-110, but I haven't played in a week either. Maybe it was fixed recently.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Aleron Ives said:
Would you happen to know if this was a new feature on BB? I got a report saying that GC was supposed to do the same thing, but that window is controlled by the client on GC, and since the server doesn't know your clear times on GC, it would have been impossible for that window to have shown your times on the official GC server. I find it hard to believe that Sega would have changed the window for BB, though...
It was indeed a feature on GC, because my GC friends that played on official complain about the lack of stage-specific records showing (and total time if all stages are clear).

I don't know the specifics of how it works though. I definitely know it was a thing on BB because I checked out Nico and found a video from the official server doing said thing, and my friend confirmed it was also on GC.

Roo

CTB said:
Sciaz said:
CTB said:

I haven't seen any on my Redria from 1-110, but I haven't played in a week either. Maybe it was fixed recently.

I've played mutliple characters over lv 100 on this server and haven't seen any up to this point

Aleron Ives

Matt said:
I don't know the specifics of how it works though. I definitely know it was a thing on BB because I checked out Nico and found a video from the official server doing said thing, and my friend confirmed it was also on GC.
That's very strange indeed, as to my knowledge, it is impossible for the server to know what your clear time is, since the client never sends it. Perhaps GC has a new packet to transmit that information, but if it does, I guess nobody ever logged it, so it may be impossible to fix that feature now. :(

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
It's very possible for the server to know your clear times. They are a part of the character structure, after all. A no brainer for BB. For GC, the client sends their full character on login and block change, not to mention whenever a stage is completed, the client sends clear data to the server too, so it can keep up.

Aleron Ives

Do you have the packet for putting information into that window, though? From what I know, the client puts your stage progress into the window automatically, e.g. "Stage 7" or "All stages cleared", and the server doesn't have to do anything about it. If there's another packet that the server can send to put your actual times into that window, then I'm not aware of anybody who knows what it is.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably not so much as "another packet" to get it to work correctly. It probably more so has to do with putting the correct information in the quest list packet to begin with. There's probably a flag or something missed when sending the packet to the client to list the stages. I'll do some digging later. (This is v.low priority.)

Aleron Ives

Ah, you have a point there.

@ Matt

Do you have a screenshot of what the window was supposed to look like (from that video or elsewhere)?