What kind of level and Gear state is good enough to be in for public Ultimate rooms?

Vaire

Since it's been so long since I've played on a private server, I figure I should ask... what kind of state should I be in or will people find acceptable for multiplayer Ult? I've kind of been coasting along, got my FOmarl up to 109 just playing solo, I'm wondering if that's good enough to not bother other players? Gearwise I've already got a few level 200 Mags (including a Tellusis), the Elemental Wands (well, I accidentally lost my Agni, but I can get another easily enough, probably), a Caduceus, and an Excalibur, plus a few other weapons. Will that be enough, or am I liable to get shouted out of public rooms without a higher level and other staple gear like Vxxx units and such?

If you're a FO and can cast Shifta, Deband, and Zalure at decent levels, you're fine in a public room.

Level 80 ought to do it. And for 66% of the game you will essentially be endgame.

For FO like Ryan said, you just need to cast SDZ. And I guess if you wanna get fancy; then you quickmenu swap to Slicer of Fanatic, spam a SNS combo, cast some gifoie, rinse and repeat.

For RA you’re basically endgame with a Frozen Shooter and a Demon’s Laser at level 80. If you use a meme ATA mag you can literally play with stuff like S-rank needles etc and not even notice a difference from a level 200 (besides HP); so long as you can yellow the stat and still have room for a v101 or heavenly/batt. The casts will suck more because you’ll feel like you want to use their high ATPs but really 45% demons is plenty passable for a level 80 to contribute massively.

For HU you can just use SoF/any demons weap until you amass more ATP. But overall HU benefits the most from levels and reaching its ATP caps.

Basically demons is just broken lol. Anguish looks to fix this and how broken the freeze mechanic is as well (demons doesn’t work but barely and freeze/arrest is shortened extremely). So those levels will definitely benefit you to use ATP over demons if you ever look to play Anguish content later on but obviously the levels will progress organically as you just play the game and hardly anyone plays anguish lol

Most people won't really care if you're undergeared, but yeah like others said above as long as you're doing the basic stuff(S/D/J/Z/Freeze Traps/Frozen Shooter) you'll be fine, also it can be a good idea to ask hunters if they're going to use DF(Dark Flow), if the answer is yes then it'd be better to avoid using resta and use mates instead.

Ultimate is mostly just not scary, even at level 80. Most people are very strong and you should have little trouble with most things there. Just be careful if you ever find yourself in a room that doesn't have any 100+ level players as then you may find your power level insufficient.

But there are a handful of hard quests where you might want to be higher than level 80 before attempting. Mostly like tower or a few other tough enemies but it can still be fun to try.

For seabed and crater until u have at least 721 hp I'd at least exercise caution going there and know.. Rhino charges hurt

But like everyone said even level 80 is fine to join. Pso is a team game anyway. Playing with myself is boring. If someone has a public game open they chances are don't care who joins

A few other hp based attacks are the other biggest troubles in ultimate. Ass bombs from big bees, epsilon nukes for example. All fun stuff. Epsilon can be very well cut down with fire res and said res plus ice is useful for fall 2 for example. But ass bombs and rhinos are the most troubling hp attacks.

I appreciate that this post is up and some folks have responded. I may consider myself a vet of sorts, but it was a Gamecube vet and my experience playing with other people was parked on a couch with my best friend back in the day. Even knowing episode 1 & 2 as well as I do, playing mostly on Steam Deck combined with not wanting to be a lousy team player has kept me running in One Player mode. But Ultimate is near, may even hit 80 tonight, and getting in on stuff with people is the next big goal.

Back