What class would you consider to be the most Solo-friendly (each difficulty, or overall)

jcorb

So far, I've got a HUcast, a RAmar, and a FOnewm. I've actually *only* played Hunters in the past, so it's been fun playing around with the others more seriously on Ephinea here lately.

I've heard how powerful HUcasts and Forces in general are, but I'm actually kind of surprised how difficult they seem. I've never been huge on guns, but I feel like the RAmar (or presumably RAmarl) would be pretty hard to beat, given how consistent their weapons are, and where my FOnewm is chewing through monofluids like candy, my RAmar feels like he can handle enemies far beyond what he *should* be able to, as long as you're patient (and also, having a Dim/Shadow gun feels like cheating), you're pretty much good to go. I haven't quite gotten a feel for the buff/debuff techs, or if they're even worth using (versus just saving the TP for Resta).

I'll admit, though; I've always *wanted* to play a FOmar, but I feel like every time I've started, they're just... not very good? But I've seen some people say they're supposedly amazing Solo characters, once you get them up to higher levels?

Which class do YOU guys think are best for Solo? And more importantly, how do you play them to really take advantage of them?

I've always wondered. What does one consider average gear?

agree with RAmarl

all forces won't feel "good" when you're starting out due to how they progress. you will probably get stuck between your fluid money and feeding your mag when you're alone. they are perfectly capable of going to ultimate alone but no 20+ techs drop until ultimate and trying to play with melee/range as a FO without smartlink or battle units is rough. so ... take advantage of exp share when you can and don't neglect your mag

though if I need to hunt something in Desert alone I will just use/make another force

Last edited:
Honestly even if the powerscale of classes are established I always believe in context. Yes HUcast is really strong, but he has dependencies and wants a level of finesse, and even then its highly arguable if he's the best choice of given content, even amongst his role-competition and lategame gear. But, he still has the highest ATP in solo, and he's a droid, meaning that once you get to play on his generalistic strengths as a HU he's *very* rewarding. But in general, I won't consider him the most solo-friendly at all.

But in the grand scheme of things, I'd think I'd agree on RAmarl too. That's *the* character that would be able to perform well no matter your gear/skill-level (or what your intensions are, like comfy and/or speed) and do that on pretty much most content in the game. RAmar comes close, and comes with higher rewards lategame if one cares about that at all, but RAmarl's resta is also really comfy and has access to J/Z early which gives her the ability to literally trivialize a lot of content in the game.

FOnewm gets bonkers really quickly after reaching ULT so he's close aswell. FOmar is in comparison a bit of a late bloomer but still a good investment once you get him up there, so if you really wanna pick him up I'd say just go for it.

It depends a lot on the area.

Fonewm is great at soloing in EP4, and is also quite good in caves. Fonewm is also generally quite strong in forest and mines as well, but you will need physical DPS (perhaps a 50h Charge Vulcan, which you can buy for 1pd often) for Hildebears in forest and Baranz in mines. Once you memorize each enemies elemental weakness, you can take advantage of it and plan how to deal with larger spawns more efficiently. On the other hand, I find techniques to be not very effective in ruins generally. Techniques are also inefficient in EP2.

Your Ramar will do quite well all around, especially with some Hell S-rank weapons in Spaceship and CCA, and with a frozen shooter and some Demon's type weapons, you should be able to handle tower as well.

I haven't tried Hucast solo very much but there are some players who are really good at it and can make it clear quests very quickly.

the absolute best solo class of all is ramarl hands down, ra weapons generally overall better then hu weapons if u plan solo only then i can tell u with ramarl u wont make a mistake, the only reason id use ramar over ramarl is if HC would be a thing ... because of (dressplate) but as it doesnt even exist anymore ramarl is number 1 solo class sd jz gif r 20, ability to use hell demons arrest charge zerk correctly (241 ata) with a frozenshoter is just nice. s rank priority id say first get arrest needle then demon shot or needle after this hell shot or needle then demon mechguns and last zerk/spirit needle depends on which u like more.

Solo HU . #1 HUcast
Multi HU : #1 HUcast
Solo RA : #1 RAmarl
Multi RA : #1 RAcast
Solo FO : #1Fonewm
Multi FO : depend on team with DF users FOnewm (low Resta Range) without probably FOmarl (yes i know fonewearl higher resta and too range increase) but fonewearl limited (no hell/arrest J-Cutter and no Excalibur) or u just selfresta which isnt to hard but yea.

I personally prefer the solo meta classes for solo because they are the ''best''.

E1: FOnewm/RAmar/HUcast
E2: RAcaseal in SS, RAmar/RAcast for others.
E4: FOnewm

But honestly, any Cast/RA/FO can solo E1 comfortably, any RA can work in E2 comfortably, and any FO (even FOmarl nuking) can do fine in E4.
ID is far more important than being the exact best class, like atm I am soloing GDVD resets on RAmarl because she is blue. In an ideal world, we could have 120 character slots to get every character every ID :cool:

The main thing I would avoid is playing HUney/HUmar solo, without the ranged arsenal or others to cc you are stuck to casting a lot of rabarta at times, especially avoid Sub Des on these classes solo, unless you specifically want to hug the floor.

Honestly, I’m kinda feeling like my FOnewm… is really struggling? He’s only lvl 22 now (speaking of which, was Yellowbose a good ID, or should I consider rerolling?), but where he felt like he was dominating early on, he feels slightly… unwieldy. Maybe because I’m playing with a controller setup, so I can’t keep all of his spells hotbar’d at all times, but I find it INCREDIBLY difficult to “aim” spells. I don’t know why it seems so much harder than using a ranged weapon, but Zonde, Gifoie, and the Ra- spells are the only ones I can seem to hit with reliably. And man, those casting animations are killer in the Gi and Ra spells.

Although, it’s made it almost impossible to go back to playing my HUcast now. Even as useful as traps technically are, they feel slow and clunky by comparison now.

Definitely feeling like the the RAmar is hitting all the right notes for me. I still love the idea of at least TRYING a FOmar seriously sometime, but it seems like a class I’m going to want to stockpile some materials and gear, or at least a good mag.

Surprisingly, I found Ramarl to be a pretty good class that I chose for myself. I didn't think much about using a Ranger since a Ramar was his pick back on the GameCube version. Now that I go my Ramarl in the 70s, I find her to be pretty good so far. Even though my main is Fonewearl, I enjoy a little variety so I'm having fun with a Ranger as a backup.

Back