Welcome language questions

x3001

tethealla.ini

# Welcome message
123456 and abcd

Only correct English or digital output, you can not display correctly in other languages
Unable to get through the encoding conversion display correctly in other languages

Broomop

you would have to set ur own flag in a packet to detect it maybe the first packet to patch server can do this.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
He isn't talking about the welcome message from the patch. (welcome.txt) he's talking about the banner that appears before you select the ship.

That welcome message is retrieved as ascii from the config. so unicode isn't supported as it is. You could add code similar to the patch that loads a unicode text file for this message. Then you'll need to either improve sendEE to support unicode or create another function for sending unicode banner strings.

x3001

Whether it can be directly output conversations here

// Welcome Message
memcpy (&Welcome_Message[0], &config_data[0], ch+1 );

How to achieve

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like google translate fail. I'm not sure what you are trying to ask.

If you prefer you can write your replies in your own language.

Broomop

you know on the patch server the message there i think he wants to detect a language. or he means on the ship select either way u would need to set a flag.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
the fact he mentions tethealla.ini indicates he is not talking about the patch welcome message. also even if he was the patch welcome message works fine with unicode. The welcome.txt is a unicode text file. I'm surprised you don't know this.

The welcome message in the tethealla.ini is the banner message users get when they get to the ship select. The config is a ASCII/ANSI file. so trying to put in unicode to this message the ship will add nulls to the characters. Which is why it isn't working. So to fix this you need to load a unicode file. And you could use similar code to the patch code to achieve this. No flags needed...