Weird error

SirGouki

I'm getting an error regarding a color mismatch when trying to enter block1 on fodra. It started about 10 minutes ago, and when it comes up, I can no longer type in the game without completely exiting and starting the game again. I have not had any trouble prior to this all day, and played about the same amount of time yesterday without this happening at all.
pso error - block 1 fodra 1522.png

Most likely caused by an add-on. No idea which, but if you wanna play normally, I’d suggest running the client without add ons until you can figure it out. Good luck!

I had some dinput8.dll crashes aswell with out-to-date addons (happened when I alt+bs'd with the inventory reader opened). Try updating your addons and/or imgui.

I did add the drop tables and the mag charts a few hours before it happened. Wouldn't an outdated addon immediately cause problems though, instead of taking hours to present an issue?

Not necessarily. Many imgui asserts are typically seen when invalid data is passed into the imgui layer in the addon. Examples are passing nil for the options of a list box instead of an empty table. That can happen at any time.

Or maybe there's someone in Fodra block 1 lobby 1 (where you were entering) with a special character in their name that isn't escaped in an addon. This was a problem in the Player Reader addon a while back and also an issue with wide chars in the base plugin itself iirc.

Yeah I remembered reading that in the updated post at the top of the thread that says that version fixes it (and hasn't been updated since 2017). I am fairly certain that I have that version since I downloaded it from the same thread in December. I'll try removing the 2 addons I added and see if it fixes it. Do any of the addons dump a log for something like this?

Edit: Either 1) there was a character in that lobby causing a problem, or 2) one of the drop charts or mag database is causing random issues in block 1. Since I'm fairly knowledgeable with c++, I am going with 1. Is there a newer version of addons than what is in the thread in the server tools section?

Last edited:
I had this around 6 months ago repeatedly. It most definitely is the addons and all you need to do it update them to their latest versions.

Writing a reply instead of edit:

I did find a different version of imgui from Soly, tucked away in a reply in Soly's stash thread. hunting for updates to other stuff since my imgui was from july of 2017 and there was an update in late december.

Edit: I feel kinda stupid. The addons in that post all link to github. So all my addons are up to date now (only soly's stuff and imgui was outdated, unless there are newer forks).

Last edited:
Back