Weapon Attributes and Percentages Guide

Guildcard
Hey everyone!

I've seen this asked around a lot and, as far as I am aware, the relevant information for this has always been buried deep in the Q&A thread (https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/quick-question-quick-answer.306/page-171) so I figured I would make a guide thread to encapsulate this information.

In a game with so much RNG, it's natural to want to know exactly what your chance is of getting what. This thread focuses on your chances of getting attributes on a weapon drop, what percentages those attributes will be, as well as the chance of that weapon dropping untekked.

DISCLAIMER: The data shown in this thread is mostly based on ItemPT values from the "ItemPT.gsl" file in the Tethealla download. While some corrections have been made based on information provided in the link above (as well as various tidbits of information), there is no way to know with certainty if these values are correct unless confirmed by an Ephinea dev (and that is at their discretion) so the values shown may not be 100% correct. However, the mission statement of Ephinea is to provide a vanilla like experience (with some great QoL I'll say) so it's likely a lot of it is unchanged.

Attribute Chances

The first thing to understand when considering attribute drops on weapons is your exact chance to get a specific attribute on your weapon drop. When a weapon drops, the following should be considered:

1. Difficulty (Eg. Normal, Hard, etc)
2. Floor (Eg. Forest 1, Seabed Lower, etc)
3. Number of Applicable Rolls (In many cases, 3, unless the pattern is 255)

The attribute chances are outlined per episode, per difficulty, and then per area in the spoiler below. Each number represents the percentage chance of getting that attribute (or lack thereof) on a single roll.

One big thing to note here is that generally (at least on all of Very Hard and Ultimate) you have 3 rolls at attributes. So, if you get a weapon drop in Forest 1 on Ultimate, it has three approximate(?) 5% chances to roll hit (it cannot roll the same attribute twice obviously, so I'm not sure how the implementation handles subsequent rolls, if it removes the chance to roll a redundant attribute, if it re-rolls after a redundant roll outside of "None", or if it considers rolling the same attribute twice as rolling "None").

Normal - Very Hard:

This is an area where I'm really not sure how much has changed and have heard varying reports on the hit% for these, so to avoid misinformation, I am going to refrain from posting these for Normal-Very Hard for now. :(

Attribute_Rate_Episode_1_Ult.png

Normal - Very Hard:

This is an area where I'm really not sure how much has changed and have heard varying reports on the hit% for these, so to avoid misinformation, I am going to refrain from posting these for Normal-Very Hard for now. :(

Attribute_Rate_Episode_2_Ult.png

NOTE: In the original ItemPT, the hit % was set to 1 (vs. 5% for episode 1). I have heard many reports that it is 5% for all areas on Ultimate difficulty on Ephinea. In the image above, I set it to 5%, but you will notice the check is greater than 100. I can only assumes this follows the pattern shown in Episode 4, which has the "None" chances at 54% dropping to 50% and the 49% to 45%.

Normal - Very Hard:

Attribute_Rate_Episode_4_Ult.png

NOTE: This is based off of Anime's post in the thread linked at the top of the page. You'll notice it follows the same patterns as Episode 2. On an unrelated note, we do not know the exact numbers on the official servers, as they were only server side, so it makes sense for this to mirror Episode 2. :)

Patterns

So with the information above, you should know your chances of getting a specific attribute on a weapon drop (at least if you are playing Ultimate). But what number does that attribute resolve to? Enter patterns.

For each attribute roll, a pattern is associated with it. Each pattern is either 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 for valid common weapon rolls. Similar to attribute chances, the pattern types for each roll are determined by episode, difficulty, and floor. Those are outlined in the spoiler below.

NOTE: If the pattern is 255 (or -1 in 8 bit 2's complement), the roll is invalid and does not occur.

ALSO NOTE: Pattern 5 is applied to all 3 rolls of every rare drop, regardless of episode/difficulty/floor (afaik the attribute chances still apply).

Pattern_Ep_1_Normal.png

Pattern_Ep_1_Hard.png

Pattern_Ep_1_VHard.png

Pattern_Ep_1_Ult.png

Pattern_Ep_2_Normal.png

Pattern_Ep_2_Hard.png

Pattern_Ep_2_VHard.png

Pattern_Ep_2_Ult.png

NOTE: According to the linked post, the patterns on Epsiode 4 follow those of Episode 2, shifted down by two floors. Thus, the images below have been adjusted accordingly.

Pattern_Ep_4_Normal.png

Pattern_Ep_4_Hard.png

Pattern_Ep_4_VHard.png

Pattern_Ep_4_Ult.png

With the above, we know what patterns are where, but what does each pattern represent? The spoiler below expounds on the numbers possible with each pattern. 1 unit in this matrix represents a 1/10000 chance to roll the corresponding number in the left column for a given pattern.

As an example, let's look at the EN4 calibur hunt. Assuming you are in Ruins 1 on ultimate, and the weapon dropped is a calibur, and that first pattern 4 roll happens to be hit% (already a lot of RNG there), you have a 1/10000 chance of that hit being 90%. Additionally, if you are not on anguish (or are and the calibur dropped from a box), it only has a 28% chance of being untekked (allowing you to tekk it to 100 hit). The chance is higher if you are running A10 and it dropped from an enemy. But hopefully this should demonstrate how rare these things are!!!

Percent_Pattern.png

Untekk Rate

The last item to consider is the chance of the weapon dropping untekked. This is relevant because tekking a weapon can increase (or decrease) every attribute on the weapon by up to 10 percent. Once again, this is determined by episode/difficulty/floor, and shown in the spoiler below.

Untekk_Episode_1_Normal.png

Untekk_Episode_1_Hard.png

Untekk_Episode_1_VHard.png

Note: The Ruins 1 in the default ItemPT was set to a typo value of 82%. This was corrected a few years ago to 28%, around the time when anguish was introduced!

Untekk_Episode_1_Ult.png

Untekk_Episode_2_Normal.png

Untekk_Episode_2_Hard.png

Untekk_Episode_2_VHard.png

Untekk_Episode_2_Ult.png

I do not have data on the floors of Episode 4. However, considering the floors on episode 1 and 2 match in order, I can only assume the same pattern applies here as well.

Let me know if you find any errors/issues with any of the numbers above, or if you think anything should be clarified in further detail! I am looking to improve this post.

Last edited:
Something's been nagging at me for a while now, and before now I couldn't remember where to find this info to properly ask. The data in these tables suggests that it is impossible to find anything above 75% Hit in Forest, Caves, or Mines. Alveron Ives even said as much in the Q&A thread. However, I actually have pretty definitive evidence that my Stag Cutlery with 90% Hit (80H untekked) dropped from Pofuilly Slime in Caves 2 on Purplenum. It seems to me that those numbers in the Percent Pattern table must be rounded to the nearest integer, especially considering the application that produced them presumably allows you to enter any number you want into those text boxes.

Would anyone be able to confirm whether those numbers are rounded? Or better yet, does anyone know whether there is actually an astronomically low chance of finding a weapon with 90% Hit in Forest?

Something's been nagging at me for a while now, and before now I couldn't remember where to find this info to properly ask. The data in these tables suggests that it is impossible to find anything above 75% Hit in Forest, Caves, or Mines. Alveron Ives even said as much in the Q&A thread. However, I actually have pretty definitive evidence that my Stag Cutlery with 90% Hit (80H untekked) dropped from Pofuilly Slime in Caves 2 on Purplenum. It seems to me that those numbers in the Percent Pattern table must be rounded to the nearest integer, especially considering the application that produced them presumably allows you to enter any number you want into those text boxes.

Would anyone be able to confirm whether those numbers are rounded? Or better yet, does anyone know whether there is actually an astronomically low chance of finding a weapon with 90% Hit in Forest?
Stag Cutlery is a rare drop so it would follow pattern 5 regardless.

Back