Wanted to Reinstall Game, Now Have to Reinstall OS.

SapphireFlame

Okay! So this is a bit of a doozy. So something went wrong with my copy of Ephinea that caused the game screen (not the launcher) to come up and instantly close. I think I remember something getting flagged by an antivirus program. In any case, that doesn't matter anymore, because I'm now in an even bigger fix. I ran the uninstaller because I figured if anything could fix it then a reinstallation would do the trick. The moment the uninstaller popped up, my PC crashed and reported critical system files were missing next time it tried to boot! I wish I could provide more details (namely, my guild number) but I only made this forum account after this whole mess happened. I hope you can look into this regardless. Thank you for your time.
(Spellcheck edit)

Last edited:
There is literally no way for Ephinea to do this. Or PSO for that matter. Unless you installed the files into system32 and decided to clean that folder out instead of running the installer, but it sounds like you didn't do that.

I would find out what supposed critical files are missing first and people can probably help from there.

Honestly the only thing I have to go on is that the timing of this happening concurred with the uninstaller starting to do its thing. I wanna say the critical file the error screen mentioned started with a "v" and that its name is also kinda complicated, but can't really remember much else about that. The BCD also was damaged. This whole thing is so strange.

Upon thinking more about it (for I've calmed down from the initial shock), I just realized something. The antivirus flagged a file, as stated above, but I think I remember this not really coinciding with Ephinea's installation nor with any sort of update to anything. I can't really say for sure since everything's gone now, but I'm starting to think that maybe it got legit infected sometime after installation. If nothing else, that's the hypothesis that makes the most sense at the moment.

Back