Verify email 404s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you must have registered just before the site turned over.

I already fixed that.

Just remove the .php from your link and you should be good.

Reactions: Cat
Actually, remove the .PHP and change verify_email to verify-email, lol.

But yeah, I think you registered just before the site update. All new registrations have the new link.

Cheers, I found the verify-email part with some guess work earlier, but I did get an error message about the verification code being incorrect.
Though I'm online now so it seemingly worked!

Yeah, that incorrect was caused by the other fix we did earlier in regards to a plugin installed. It was calling every PHP page twice before showing the result. The first time it executed, it deletes the verification code. But it only showed you the result of the second, which said the code was incorrect because it was already deleted.

But everything is good to go now so no more issues.

Reactions: Cat
I made a 2nd account today and everything works as intended, but clicking on the link in the email tells me the verification key is invalid. The account still activated, but you might want to look into that.

I already explained this in the previous post right before yours. :/

It won't happen again and you can't verify an account twice anyway.

When you said "everything was good" I thought you meant it was fixed visually. As of my post, it wasn't. Was just making sure you knew it still returned with a (false) error.

Functionally, everything works fine.

Was just making sure you knew it still returned with a (false) error.

Functionally, everything works fine.
And I'm telling you right now that's not the case and it's fixed, even visually, and has been. I just made an account myself and it's fine.

Since there's no longer any issue with account creation or emails, I'm closing the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back