Valentine's Day Party Event

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Maintenance has been completed, the following adjustments were made to the server for a Valentine's Day "Party" Event (lasting until 2/21/2017):

- HBR has been changed to the MU Episode 2 series (until March).

- The drop anything rate will be adjusted to the following depending on the number of players in game:

1 player: 100%
2 players: 90% (up from 82%)
3 players: 81% (up from 67%)
4 players: 73% (up from 55%)

- The rare item drop rate will be boosted by the following depending on the number of players in a game:

+0%: 1 player
+5%: 2 players
+10%: 3 players
+20%: 4 players

- In a PSO2 drop style game, the luck bonus that affects a player is the cumulative amount of standard luck bonuses between all players in the game.

Example #1: Player 1 has luck level 1 for 1% boost, player 2 has luck level 3 for 5% boost, player 3 has luck level 1 for 1% boost. The final rare drop rate boost applied to all players is 7%.

Example #2: Player 1 has luck level 3 for 5% boost, player 2 has luck level 2 for 3% boost, player 3 has luck level 1 for 1% boost. The final rare drop rate boost applied to all players is 9%.

- The St. Valentine's Day quest has been activated for Episode 1 single player mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Soda!!!

(Glad to see more of you lately!)

:D

I'm intrigued by this formula, lets see if we can get some goodies dropping this month :)

This formula is much more in line with what was seen in Diablo games, if I remember correctly. Very nice!!!

Maintenance has been completed, the following adjustments were made to the server for a Valentine's Day "Party" Event (lasting until 2/21/2017):

- The drop anything rate will be adjusted to the following depending on the number of players in game:

1 player: 100%
2 players: 90% (up from 82%)
3 players: 81% (up from 67%)
4 players: 73% (up from 55%)

- The rare item drop rate will be boosted by the following depending on the number of players in a game:

+0%: 1 player
+5%: 2 players
+10%: 3 players
+20%: 4 players

- In a PSO2 drop style game, the luck bonus that affects a player is the cumulative amount of standard luck bonuses between all players in the game.

Example #1: Player 1 has luck level 1 for 1% boost, player 2 has luck level 3 for 5% boost, player 3 has luck level 1 for 1% boost. The final rare drop rate boost applied to all players is 7%.

Example #2: Player 1 has luck level 3 for 5% boost, player 2 has luck level 2 for 3% boost, player 3 has luck level 1 for 1% boost. The final rare drop rate boost applied to all players is 9%.

- The St. Valentine's Day quest has been activated for Episode 1 single player mode.
Thank you! :)

This may be a stupid question but what does MU stand for? I am trying to do some of the HBR quests for this month. Thanks!

This may be a stupid question but what does MU stand for? I am trying to do some of the HBR quests for this month. Thanks!

MU stands for the "Mop-up Operation" series of quests, which I believe are under the "Extermination" section of the quest list.

Well, on Ep. 2 they're referred to as "Malicious Uprising," but they kept the acronym as "MU" on purpose.

I actually did the writing for that quest series, so make sure to visit with the various NPCs in the Lab and on P2 for some flavor text. ;-;

Flavour makes the world go round.

Also

Tomorrow is valentines day, oh yes, such a joyous....NOPE

Ill be on pso all day, see you online everybody. I'll love me some rares.

TBH, I like this event more than the "Collect 15 Sinow Zele Asses to trade for a 30 hit Lavis Cannon from Billybob the Tekker!"-type events that've happened in the past. It promotes actual gameplay and hunting without giving you an ez way out for getting items. I've noticed that it has increased player activity as well, as I'm seeing more hunting sessions than I have in a while.

Back