Upgrading Client/GC/XBOX/DC Support

risaxseph

Hi,

So I downloaded the newest client and rehexed it using the tool on this site (so much easier than manually changing things (thank you!) but if I want to upgrade peoples client EXE how would I make the patcher to this? Also how would I set the server up to allow connections from GC, XBOX and DC copies of PSO?

Soly

Tethealla is not compatible with the rest of versions.
If you want people to get an updated client, you have to give them it first hand then your patch server will send updated clients if you change it afterwards.

risaxseph

Tethealla is not compatible with the rest of versions.
If you want people to get an updated client, you have to give them it first hand then your patch server will send updated clients if you change it afterwards.
Okay; so the patch server does not support overwriting executables. Good to know; I will keep re-releasing EXEs to a minimum.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
To release .exes, you put the .exe on the patch server but rename it to psobb.pat. Whenever online.exe (or Launcher.exe in case of Tofuman's launcher) is loaded, it'll try to overwrite the .exe with psobb.pat if it is found.

risaxseph

To release .exes, you put the .exe on the patch server but rename it to psobb.pat. Whenever online.exe (or Launcher.exe in case of Tofuman's launcher) is loaded, it'll try to overwrite the .exe with psobb.pat if it is found.
Would doing so still require the changing the code in C and a recompile or would the system automatically adjust to the new EXE? I ask because I used the new EXE however I just changed it version to act like it is the old 2010 client build so the server would not complain about "outdated" (really the version is too new XD) software.

Soly

Would doing so still require the changing the code in C and a recompile or would the system automatically adjust to the new EXE? I ask because I used the new EXE however I just changed it version to act like it is the old 2010 client build so the server would not complain about "outdated" (really the version is too new XD) software.
For that you better recompile (or hex edit) the login server... also the mysql library in the downloads is very outdated.