Unsealable Items/Kill Counts?

Ryoki

I know on the current version of Tethealla, there's no command to check yet, so I figured I would ask: are unsealable items stable
on this server version yet? Or do they still have bugs? IIRC reading through the forum/update notes on the server folders there previously were bugs.

I just found a Lame D'argent (35 hit too woo!)and before I spend too much time unsealing it, is it safe to log off/shut down the server and retain my kills? Other things like that too, like switching weapons or dropping the item. On that note too, are there any programs that could for the time being show kills currently on unsealable items, or is there possibly a way to check that with certain GM commands/tools/looking into the files?

Soly

Just a few things... are you playing on Ephinea? If so, this is somewhat the wrong forum, this one is the "dev" section, Ephinea's is over here viewforum.php?f=16 (I say this because of the "I just found a Lame D'argent (35 hit too woo!)")

With that said, the kills should work fine, they do in the latest published source afaik.

-I don't remember if there is a command to check the kills, but this is a cheap code you could add between the rest of the user commands in the ship server http://pastebin.com/c8GpM6fK (I'm not sure if it works lol, is not what I made later on to check the kills, requiring a different function)
-Regardless of the server, it should keep your kills as long as your character data is saved
-To check your item kills and all the info in general viewtopic.php?f=14&t=307&hilit=reader#p4053

Ryoki

Thanks a ton! And no, I'm not on Ephinea, I run a server along with my friend, but I was pretty excited to find a normal Skyly D'argent drop without editing the drops (Which we've had to do for quite a few, two mains does not make for varied IDs.), and a decent one at that is something I never found in all my BB days.

I was just checking to verify that they were stable as of the current source, which I'm glad to hear they are. I'll definitely be trying out the reader.

Also, just wanted to say your Itemmaker tool is excellent and has been a big help. We were able to make a "psuedo-Challenge mode" by doing all the Ep1 Goverment quests in one sitting and create S ranks with it.

Aleron Ives

It's worth noting that unsealing doesn't work correctly on any private BB server. You're supposed to get only one kill per attack, but instead the server counts every kill you make, which results in desync. You have to change blocks in order to refresh the kill count on your weapon to the inflated value that the server thinks you have.

Aleron Ives

falkenjeff said:
I thought GC did this too?
On GC, you get one kill on your SJS per action. If you cast Rafoie and kill five Boomas, you get one kill on your SJS, because you cast Rafoie one time. If you swing the SJS and kill ten Boomas, you get one kill on your SJS, because you swung the SJS one time. The BB client counts kills in the same way, but all unofficial BB servers don't. In the above examples, the BB server will award five and ten kills respectively to your SJS, but because the BB client works the same way as GC, you won't see those kills until you switch blocks to force the server to transmit your inventory again. So far nobody has figured out a way to make a BB server track kills correctly, so unsealing items on BB is always far easier than it's supposed to be. Presumably Sega's BB server tracked kills correctly, but nobody knows how they did it.

@ Soly

That text is unreadably small, especially with YouTube's lovely low quality. Is kill tracking fixed now, or something?

Soly

If you set it to 720 or higher should be fine.

And was just showing what you said.
Killed 3 rappies and 3 boomas, the server says 6 but the game says 2
o4n55bS.jpg

Aleron Ives

Knowing Sega, I bet they just trusted the client on kill counts in order to make the server have an accurate count (meaning it would be super easy to unseal your item instantly with memory editing). They didn't even bother to verify box drops until Schthack told ClumsyOrchid to do so. :p

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
This will be fixed tomorrow to only increment once per swing or cast, like the client does.

Also, I found out that certain monsters aren't supposed to increment the counter when killed.

Those monsters are:

* Mothmants
* Split slimes
* Dubchics
* Claws split off from Bulclaw
* Darvants
* Recons

Soly

If you give me half a day, right now I'm heading to bed, I could test it out (iirc lee's only updates inventory in the lobby).

Aleron Ives

It's certainly possible that people's understanding of how unsealing works on GC is wrong, as SJS is the only item to unseal. SJS could have tricked people into thinking that you only get one kill per action, because as with Rafoie, SJS will kill every enemy you hit at the exact same time (assuming you're unsealing in Normal), and you can't just use a memory reader on a console to track your kills at any time to verify how many you're getting. It's also possible that Sega relaxed the restriction on BB, but the only way to be sure would be to experiment with SJS on GC. It's a moot point, though, as all that matters is making the BB server match what the BB client does.

Aleron Ives

That would imply that Sega basically used the one-kill-per-action method, so the client would think that you could unseal too early. After you switched blocks, you'd see that you still had a Limiter, because the server didn't think that you had enough kills to unseal it yet, while the client (previously) did.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
From the explanation, I think SEGA's servers used one kill per "frame". Anyway, this can be updated to work that way.

Isabella

Is gifoie still bugged with this? I completed Maximum Attack S in ep1 which has 436 enemies and I am only seeing about 150 kills credited.

Cyb3r_ZER0

This unsealing is driving me nuts. I'm killing waves after waves swinging my Lame killing them one by one on MAS E1 and yet it still registers less than the total enemies.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Let me look at both. If you're hitting ONE enemy with Lame and not getting the kill, then there's something wrong there.