Unlocking Quests

sawdawd

I've noticed that when I select one person mode, I can't select most of the quests available in multiple mode, like any of the event quests or VR quests. I also noticed there's data for some quests in the files but I can't select the quests at the counter, likely because I need to do something in-game to unlock them. How can I add/unlock all the multi-mode and unlockable quests for one-person mode, and add any of the one-person quests that aren't one person specific to multi-mode?

I also noticed I couldn't find Respective Tomorrow anywhere in episode 2. Is that the Japanese-text quest in VR?

sawdawd

I tried copying the multi-mode quests into the solo quest folder, but that didn't make anything show up at the quest counter. I assume I have to edit some ini files or rebuild ship_server too, but I don't really want to tinker around without knowing what I'm doing and end up breaking something.

Edit: Also, if I do this, will it scale the quests to one player difficulty because it's in one person mode, or is the difficulty inherently tied to the quests, making one person mode for team quests pointless?

Soly

sawdawd said:
I tried copying the multi-mode quests into the solo quest folder, but that didn't make anything show up at the quest counter. I assume I have to edit some ini files or rebuild ship_server too...

The file quest.lst on each folder?
Remember you can't exceed 255 quests, iirc.

sawdawd

Soly said:
The file quest.lst on each folder?
Remember you can't exceed 255 quests, iirc.

Yeah, I tinkered around with it and got it working the way I wanted before you replied, but I lost power for a week so I haven't been doing much.

Now my only issue is that some of the solo quests that are listed in the quest.lst aren't selectable at the counter, presumably because I haven't beaten some kind of prequests. I imagine this isn't a huge deal, but I don't like the concept of not being able to select black paper's deal 2 without first beating black paper's deal because of the currency requirement attached to the quest. Is there a simple way to get rid of the prequest requirements, or at least the one for black paper's deal 2?

Mylandra

This limit could easily be bypassed with a simple client edit, would probably take a few minutes to change and make it working although I only see the value of doing so for someone hosting a public server. However, that's the first time I've seen someone reaching this limit. I could throw a fix for this later if there are more people looking for this (For the 20 quests limit per category).

Zengobag

I've been trying to add quests to the solo mode - like Gallon's shop. I have to edit the quest.lst to add the quest. Does Gallons shop for example have to go into episode 2 folder (Gallon's Shop is old Episode 2 online quest) or can it go into episode 1 folder. Basically, do the quests need to be in a certain folder to show up when quest.lst has been edited? many thanks.

Shidouri

There is a quest.lst for each episode and category I think (?)

It needs to go into solo/ep2.

But it can be put in any category as long as it's added to the relevant quest list.