unlock tickets and coins limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizonde

my suggestion is to unlock the limit on max attack tickets and phantasmal world coins.
idk why there is even a limit on them.

MA4 tickets share the same global flag as the rewards prize bitmask. The lowest byte is the ticket count (0 to 255) and the next byte is a bit mask of the grand prize rewards before PD (Samurai Armor, Girasole, Friend Ring, PC). Actually I'm not sure on the size of global flags (2 or 4 bytes, probably 4), but changing this would require moving the rewards to a new byte or higher up in that second byte. This would also need changes to all of the quests that touch the flag, as well as updating all existing characters to move those reward bits. A lot of work that needs a lot of testing.

I'm too lazy to figure out what the PW1 quest script does when it grants you lucky coins, but I'm guessing there are flags in the higher bytes because the script preserves the values of those higher bytes.

Is the limit 99 on both tickets and coins?
255 on tickets and 100 on coins I think.

EDIT: Number of global flags is limited, so moving the ticket/coin counts to separate flags may not be possible.

Last edited:
Pretty much what Ender said.
Global flags are 4 bytes each and there are 23 of them.
Many share their bytes with multiple things and some even are/were reused for different events.

Oddly enough, the PW coin limit on PSO GameCube WAS 255...
Strange. I have a Blue Burst version of Gallon's Shop and PW1 and it looks like there are only 7 bits used in the global flag for storing the coin count (implying a possible max of 127 without shuffling around bits). This flag does store a bit for whether the character already received their class wall (one of the highest bits in the flag), and also a bit each for the God Shields from landing on Paganini (these are the lowest two bits in the flag). Maybe the extra bit was lost to one of those and Sega thought 100 was cleaner looking than 127?

I don't know what the bits in the rest of the flag are for but they're certainly used in the Gallon's script.

idk what u guyz are saying but if changing it is a deadend cant u make a new currency for each quest? with a higher limit

Limits can be increased by changing where they are stored. Sega's quests use 0x00 - 0x0F global flags and there are 6 unused by sega. we could of course alter the game to give us even more. It would require changes to the quests also.

That all being said. We're not going to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back