Uninstalling this game

Discussion in 'Installation' started by DeathKnell, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathKnell

DeathKnell Member

Sodaboy's flippant reply to my honest post is par for the course with everything else that I've experienced with this pos game:

1. As soon as I clicked on the installer file, I got a red-screen warning from Win10 that the installer file contains malware. Sweet. I've installed many programs on my system, and I have never previously seen this red screen.

2. By default, Ephinea wants to install 1.1GB to my user folder. Lovely. Ever heard of Local Drive > Program Files?

3. Of course, the installer file isn't current, so I must wait additional time for Ephinea to update beyond the 2-3 hours download.

4. When I finally run the game, I can't even log in. I've got an account. However, Ephinea refuses to accept my UserID; I can't move my cursor into the "Password" field. Returning to the "Login" menu, when I select "Exit Game", this pos returns me to the "Input UserID" dialog box. I can only exit by right clicking on Ephinea's icon in the task bar and selecting "Close window".

I've played *MANY* games, and only very occasionally do I encounter such arrogance combined with incompetence. It's all about attitude, Sodaboy. Yours sucks. And your attitude is reflected in the quality of your product. I will be sure to place my review of your site wherever possible.

2. CTB

CTB JK hate paused, busy!

Guildcard:
    lol

Stella and Yuffie like this.
  3. anime

anime Bonsai Trees

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    lmao

Stella and Yuffie like this.
  4. Shichimiya

Shichimiya Member

Guildcard:
    Sorry you had some issues getting things working! Have safe journeys!

cameron-, Yuffie, anime and 2 others like this.
  5. No Hit

No Hit Member

lemme know where you're putting the review so i can put a 10/10 review there as well

Yuffie likes this.
  6. moya

moya Member

Guildcard:
    pioneer2.net about to get a 1 star Yelp review

cameron- and Stella like this.
  7. Travendus

Travendus Member

8. Ender

Ender ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    I finally upgraded to Windows 10 a couple days ago and the installer from Microsoft's website wasn't current. That's why it had to download and install updates during the installation process ;)

It's rather old game which is ported from a console game. You probably didn't notice that you have to navigate the menu using the keyboard arrow keys. If you try just clicking to change the focus, that won't work. Instead left click is interpreted as a menu select.

I agree that it's an antiquated UI, but there is an indicator of the current selection on this menu. After you type in your User ID, you would press enter and then be able to navigate the menu via the arrow keys. And you can press backspace or escape to cancel (when not entering input).

Yuffie and emoticon like this.
  9. Sodaboy

Sodaboy Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    LOL... Bye, Felicia!

Roo, Jyuki, Alakaboom and 2 others like this.
  10. root

root 

Guildcard:
  11. Spuz

Spuz Without rain, nothing grows.

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    Wish there was a facepalm emote.

Roo, Alakaboom and Yuffie like this.
  12. emoticon

emoticon ありよりのあり Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with Ephinea.

This thread might be a little old, but it explains why Ephinea gets flagged as potential malware. You would most likely get the same warning with other PSOBB servers.

I don't think there's anything left to discuss here, so I'm going to lock this thread. Good luck with your future gaming endeavors!

Roo, Yuffie, Spuz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    This thread is pretty lit. Shame I missed it, damn sleep.

Point 4 sounds like a made-up story, since it's never been reported before, ever, and it's not something we control anyway since this isn't our game, believe it or not.

cameron-, Koh, Stella and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.