Unable to pick up dropped item

CrookedEar01

Guildcard
My brother dropped a mag for me and we are now unable to pick up the mag. It is a Rukmin that he had made. We can see the item, and it lights up green when approached and we get the sound notification that the item is highlighted, but we cannot pick it up. Is there anyway to get this item back or are we out of luck?

1676915096989.png

Unfortunately, this bug can happen in very rare cases when an item is dropped by a player. I'm not sure what exactly causes it, however.

Using the trade window (sadly not possible in quests) is the only truly safe method of trading.

When it comes to getting the item back, you are probably out of luck - restorations are not done on Ephinea.

I experienced a similar bug in the Toward's The Future quest, Cave portion. It was just 32 Meseta so I wasn't bothered but seeing this bug report I figured it's best to mention it.

The action palette did switch over to the pick-up symbol but nothing would happen when I pushed the button. Both KB, and controller. I was able to pick up everything else in the stage and the rest of the TTF run. No big deal, but for reds, yeah, that would hurt just a bit.

I don't think this can/will be fixed as it happened on Sonic Team servers as well. Usually due to one of the players and the server not being synchronized from a bad connection. With enemy/box drops it usually means that someone else picked it during the otherwise same scenarios. It shouldn't happen from the server generating the drop unless something is broken.

I can't think of a way for the server to have some sort of watchdog for it beyond what is already there, which wouldn't stop the item loss. But Ender done things I thought were impossible before!

At least it happens a lot less here than it did on Sonic Team or Schthack.

Back