Two people playing from the same house, no drops. (Help needed)

ShauniaQ

Hello.

We're a group of four friends who recently joined this server and we're playing together.

Two of us play from the same house, different computers.
Thing is the first day everything went smooth, but from the second day onwards, as soon as the second of us joins our game drops get disabled for that second person due to "multi clienting".

The server seems to believe the two clients are being opened from the same computer and is flagging us somehow.

It only happens when we set the drop style to PSO2, and the only way to "fix" it is by setting the drop to Classic, though we would like to keep playing with the PSO2 style.

First day was fine so we don't know anymore how to fix it.

Thanks for your time.

The ship has had a check for people playing from the same hardware and IP address in it for a long time. Not sure how it was fine the first day, as that check should have blocked you.

Though it is unfortunate that you're being blocked from PSO2 drops, it is because even though you're on two computers, for some reason you're sharing the same IP and hardware information.

I honestly don't have any sort of solution for you other than to play Classic style or just allow people to multibox and put in the drop rate reductions I had in the server before and I'm sure nobody wants the latter.

Edit: Actually it's the same HW and IP address.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers.

Using a VPN is something we could try, yeah.

Also, regarding Sodaboy's edit: We are totally not using the same hardware as each of us has a completely different machine, different CPU, GPU and everything.

We'll wait for that idea you have and see if it fixes our problem, thanks a lot for your time.

It's totally fixed now, thanks a lot!

EDIT: Well, at least the message of disabled drops doesn't show anymore, can't properly try right now but i will report back as soon as i can test it.

neat, if I ever can talk my room mate to try this game I won't have to deal with this as well yay!

I've done the same, I never had multi client popups, wonder why

Back