Time Attack Topic (Normal Mode)

Discussion in 'General' started by Bagarozy, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Bagarozy

Bagarozy Brechstange DEluxe

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    This is the non-sandbox TA topic with updated rules (which may be subject to change). HC players may of course participate.

This is to encourage players to run TA in Normal Mode. Any good effort can be rewarding. It's okay to use that HUmar and see what you can come up with.

While Sandbox is a great option, some of us prefer the 'challenge' of Normal Mode TA with more realistic results. Printing Meseta for every attempt is beyond that.

Rules:

- Must be done on Ephinea Server.
    - Please show videos, or pictures that show proof of your completion. Ultimate only. No cheating.
    - Any submitted records must come with some form of proof. This can include either a screenshot or video.
    - For quests with no obvious banners/terminals/NPCs indicating clear time or that the quest is cleared, the time displayed after the last enemy has been defeated is the clear time.
    - For 2 player games, both players must be in the red and green player slots.
    - Having a player leave during a quest is not allowed.
    - You cannot spawn the enemies before you activate the machine in Maximum Attack.

- You cannot modify your status, such as lowering HP, casting SD, poisoning yourself, or building/using PB before the quest.
    - You cannot use /PK.
    - If clear times vary between clients, the better time will be used.

- Excluded from using for any TA submissions in this thread are the following items:

• Clio on HUnewearl, Elenor on fleshies, Devil's & Angel's Wing on androids, Cat & Bunny Ears on males
    • (Event) weapons or Ephinea drop-chart featured weapons that normally don't come with Hit (based on JP drop charts): Hit Lollipop, Hit Izmaela, Hit Raikiri, Hit Huge Battle Fan, Hit Kunai, Hit Two Kamui, Hit Girasole, Hit Rambling May (taken from the Easter Event Shop Thread)
    • Event Type weapons with specials, e.g. TypeME/Mechgun 40H Charge

Don't like these rules? Please refer to the Time Attack Thread which features a different set of rules and post your times there.

Quests will be added as soon as people start running them. The same applies to player and game mode categories, i.e. one person mode. The best 3 times for a quest will be listed.

Note that the MU E2 timers were modified, i.e. time increase.

(For now I just put spoilers for screenshots; will add more stuff later on)

Episode 1

Mop-Up Operation #1
    2 players
    #1) 06"22 remaining - 03/03/17; Bagarozy (RAmar), Zen (HUcast).

Mop-Up Operation #3
    2 players
    #1) 02"27 remaining - 03/15/17; Zen (HUcast), Bagarozy (RAmar).
    pso131340444593489422.jpg

Towards the Future
    2 players
    #1) 09"36 - 05/30/17; Zen (HUcast), CritDraw (RAmarl).
    [​IMG]

#2) 10"01 - 05/30/17; Reimu (HUnewearl), Roo (RAcast).
    TTF Time 4.png

#3) 10"39 - 03/28/17; Ceri0n (FOmar), mote (RAcast).

Christmas Fiasco
    4 players
    #1) 14"44 remaining - 01/07/17; CritDraw (RAcast), Scotty (FOnewm), Zen (HUcast), Bagarozy (HUmar).
    pso131282721787515299.jpg

Episode 2

Malicious Uprising #1
    4 players
    #1) 08"22 remaining - 01/22/17; Zen (HUcast), Colette (FOmarl), CritDraw (RAcast), Bagarozy (HUcast).
    MU1 E2 Time.jpg

Malicious Uprising #2
    2 players
    #1) 09"53 remaining - 01/31/17; Bagarozy (RAmar), Zen (HUcast).
    pso131303534113416651.jpg

Malicious Uprising #3

2 players
    #1) 05"17 remaining - 02/27/17; Bagarozy (RAmar), Zen (HUcast).
    pso131326813600758560.jpg

4 players
    #1) 06"03 remaining - 01/22/17; Bagarozy (RAmar), Zen (HUcast), Colette (FOmarl), CritDraw (RAcast).
    MU3 E2 Time.jpg

Malicious Uprising #4
    4 players
    #1) 09"11 remaining - 01/22/17; Zen (HUcast), CritDraw (RAcast), Bagarozy (RAmar), ToasterMage (FOmarl).
    MU4 E2 Time.jpg

Malicious Uprising #5
    1 player (solomode)
    #1) 08"49 remaining - 04/06/17; Zen (HUcast).
    [​IMG]

4 players
    #1) 09"52 remaining - 01/22/17; Zen (HUcast), CritDraw (RAcast), ToasterMage (FOmarl), Bagarozy (RAmar).
    MU5 E2 Time.jpg

Maximum Attack 4 Stage 2A
    3 players
    #1) 19"06 remaining - 02/15/17; Zen (HUcast), CritDraw (RAcast), Bagarozy (RAmar).
    MA42A Time.jpg

Maximum Attack 4 Stage 2B
    3 players
    #1) 18"31 remaining - 02/01/17; CritDraw (RAcast), Zen (HUcast), Bagarozy (RAmar).
    42B 3P Time.jpg

Maximum Attack 2 ver2
    3 players
    #1) 39"54 remaining - 02/03/17; Zen (HUcast), Bagarozy (RAmar), ToasterMage (RAmarl).
    MA2V2 Time.jpg

Respective Tomorrow
    4 players
    #1) 15"35 - 02/02/17; Zen (HUcast), Daisuri (FOnewearl), Bagarozy (RAmar), CritDraw (RAcast).
    RT Time.jpg

Lost Chaos Calibur
    2 players
    #1) 22"18 - 02/03/17; Zen (HUcast), Bagarozy (RAmar).
    pso131306155939735883.jpg

Episode 4

New Mop-Up Operation #3
    1 player
    #1) 02"01 remaining - 05/24/16; Matt (FOnewm).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Melirei, anime, CritDraw and 4 others like this.
  2. 500ryu

500ryu Mean team member #47

Good thread.
    I am taking up this post just incase anything needs to updated/maintained/added/etc

I will also post one more time after this~

3. 500ryu

4. Yalyn

Yalyn Oh n-n-no ... w-what is this?

Are we going to have in parentheses "(Recobox No-aggro)" for Ep2? I mean I know you can kill them very quickly via Hell but, is this major bug or is this depends on their very own client?

5. 500ryu

It's not a bug and I think you answered your own question.

No need to do this really

6. Eistee

Eistee Resident of Colony 9

Just an idea: Maybe there should be a category in which you are actually allowed to use iems exclusive to Ephinea?

Speedrunners run mods all the time. As long as it doesn't invade the "normal" section, it could be ok - just like "4WayPB-runs" are an own category.

Thoughts?

7. falkenjeff

falkenjeff .

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    Sorry but this is a shit rule. These items are even allowed in @reason 's TA thread. I'll just be posting my times in his and competing with sandbox users (while playing normal mode myself) if I ever decide to play TA. His thread isn't actually sandbox exclusive. You are free to complete it on normal mode and submit a time. You are just at a disadvantage if you don't have good gear.

The whole point of "normal mode TA" is that "anything obtainable is allowed."

mt76907 likes this.
  8. anime

anime 아니메

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    Well they are allowed in sandbox mode TA because you can use 65hit Charge Vulcans which are vastly superior ;0

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    500ryu likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Toxicest player

Guildcard:
    What exclusive items are you talking about ?_?

500ryu likes this.
  10. falkenjeff

falkenjeff .

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    You are allowed to use anything obtainable if you play normal mode and submit a time in @reason 's thread.

In normal mode you're allowed to use 100 hit charge vulcans. @Dab actually has an advantage over sandbox users, and is 100% allowed to use his item, because in normal mode TA anything obtainable is allowed.

reason and 500ryu like this.
  11. conenubi701

conenubi701 God

Guildcard:
    Well, you can use 80Hit (=]) or 100Hit Charge Vulcans on Normal Mode TA. lol.

The gear is limited for everyone on Sandbox so there is more of a challenge on there since everyone is on even ground.

500ryu, mt76907 and falkenjeff like this.
  12. ToasterMage

ToasterMage Member

Guildcard:
    pls

13. anime

anime 아니메

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    ...Like I said they are allowed in sandbox because the default hit for non-rare's is 65. In normal mode most people are going to have 50 hit vulcans, making Type-M's stronger.

I don't really agree with the rule, just saying that it makes sense

We vanilla now

14. 500ryu

Since sandbox is an easily accessible mode we can all agree that [non] sandbox-TA should be using the items accessible by [non] Sandbox-Players.

15. reason

reason TActics

I don't really understand why you would have the gear limitations when they are all obtainable in game.

I think if you PM'd me I could've made my TA thread have a normal mode section.

500ryu likes this.
  16. falkenjeff

falkenjeff .

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    You didn't make the sanbox rules, so you're really in no position to say "why they are allowed"

That's also not a valid reason for disqualifying the item. If you don't have type-M and you're afraid it puts you at a TA disadvantage then.... boohoo, buy one? Or wait till next event?

Anyone who's serious about TA (except maybe RAmar) is going to hunt 60+ hit vulcans anyway, and not use type M or 50 hit cvulcs. TA shouldn't be forcibly balanced around casuals.

reason likes this.
  17. Dab

Dab Lord of Nibiru

Guildcard:
    Suck it, sandbox. :cool:

ealonzo and Hydro like this.
  18. Spuz

Spuz Flirting with retards.

Guildcard:
    Oh Lord. Drama for no reason. The rule is obviously because they like vanilla.

Melirei and Zen like this.
  19. falkenjeff

falkenjeff .

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    "New thread for no reason" is more like it.

If you want gear limitations then why even bother with normal? At that point, just use sandbox. What's the point of hunting shit if you can't even use it? lmao.

Reason's thread never excluded normal mode players from playing, and had zero gear limitations on them. (And arguably you don't even need to "show" your gear in the proof video because cheating is impossible.)

reason likes this.
  20. fishhao

fishhao Fuck this game

Might as well make a "Official sandbox TA" which has all the rules reason listed, and a "no limits sandbox TA" that allows you to use whatever, but nothing too stupid like 127 hit items. Normal mode TA just sounds like an opportunity to humble brag about how good your gear is, and how much free time you have to waste on a game.

Ayria and reason like this.