Tethealla Server Setup Instructions

Shade53

Okay, don't take this the wrong way, I'm just gunna list off all the things I already mentioned and explain them in more detail:
1. I already mentioned that they just can't connnect to the ship server, thus meaning they can still connect to the login/patch server, so no my IP has not changed. Additional note, Xfinity seems to basically give us IP's based on our location and MAC address as they refuse to change my IP, and I can't get it to change no matter how many times I tell my router to release and renew, and yes the modem is set to pass all routing to the router and is just a dummy being used to convert MOCA to Ethernet.

2. Now this part I failed to mention, so my bad, sorry, but just in case the hotspot at my friends house was blocking the connection I had a friend in Canada, who has home network like me, dunno what company, test the connection and same issue. They made it through the patch/login server, but after selecting the char and then selecting the ship is when it gives them error 100.

Sorry if this sounded snappy, not trying to be, just I feel that No. 1 could be removed from this post by seeing that I put "They can't connect to the ship server and JUST the ship server" No. 2 tho was necessary and I'm sorry I forgot that tidbit.

astallasalion

Sad Machine
Additional note, Xfinity seems to basically give us IP's based on our location and MAC address as they refuse to change my IP, and I can't get it to change no matter how many times I tell my router to release and renew, and yes the

turn off ipv6 in your router settings

Shade53

Good suggestion, but it's been off for a month. Thanks for reminding me I had to check as I forgot I had done that. X3

Router info.png
That's been my WAN IP since we moved in a year ago, guess Comcast is generous? I first found out that it's bound to MAC when I found out my work had the IP the modem was assigned blocked as a known 'bad IP'. So I got this Linksys router and setup the modem to pass the routing off to the router, seeing as Comcast outright refused to change my WAN IP, and then I had a different WAN, and if I tell the router to clone the MAC off another device(like my desktop) then the WAN changes. Change the MAC back and it goes back to the other WAN IP assigned to that MAC. Also included in the files is a screen shot of my ports, in case you need to see those. My router is a bit iffy about port range's so I put them in as individual. The multiple ship server ports are from me trying a few other ports just in case.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-11-1 Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.png
    Screenshot-2017-11-1 Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 11

Wezaa

how do i hex edit my IP into v1.25.13 without the .exe becoming unusable?

i have to replace 127.0.0.0 with xx.x.xx.xxx (my ip) which is 8 digits long. the original is only 6 digits long. so when i put mine in it changes the size of the file and windows wont run it.

secondly,
i am running the .dat version of the server and guess i should upgrade to SQL.
is it possible to move all of the account data from my current server to a new sql 1?

Last edited:

Soly

You need to replace, not delete/insert.
In HxD you can Ctrl + B and that will replace.

Technically is possible to migrate from dat to sql, but in practice, so far I have not seen a tool to do that.

Wezaa

You need to replace, not delete/insert.
In HxD you can Ctrl + B and that will replace.

Technically is possible to migrate from dat to sql, but in practice, so far I have not seen a tool to do that.
Thanks, that worked great.

EDIT---
ok new problem, i have the IP address sorted, but when i try to run this exe and login i get the message "your client executable is too old. Please update your client through the patch server"
i try "patch Download" and it says there are no update files.

EDIT 2 --
Just another update
I have just finished setting up the mySQL version of the server.
I am able to connect successfully with my vista.exe
But am still getting "your client executable is too old. Please update your client through the patch server" with the new v1.25.13 exe
I am using the Full Client as downloaded from the first post of this thread.

just another question, is it possible to give others full GM rights? so they can make items and such?
i have added them to localgms.ini and made them level 1 gm. they can warp and use /levelup but not /item.

Last edited:

Soly

You have to hex edit the login...
Search for 1.25.10 and change it to 1.25.13.

Set the isgm flag in the database.

Wezaa

You have to hex edit the login...
Search for 1.25.10 and change it to 1.25.13.

Set the isgm flag in the database.

thank you. the new exe is working and addons working.

which database would the isgm be for the .dat version?
we are still playing on that for now while one of us edits it to run on SQL instead of mysql. (he is a programming student, affraid its beyond my understanding)
he is also hoping to create a tool to transfer character data from the dat version to the sql/mysql version. if successfull we will be happy to post it up.

EDIT

just to note, for any future users
open the login_server.exe in a hex editor and search for 12510 and replace it with 12513
both without the periods "."

thanks again

Last edited:

darkBushi

I am trying to setup a server for myself and 4 friends, however i cannot seem to find vers 1.25.13. The links on the front page are all for 1.25.10. Does anyone have a link.

Maddog

Are the zip files here the only location to get the server files? I found a decently not-updated github project as well.

Soly

I suppose that github repo (there are a few ones out there) is as up-to-date as the zip here.

I have successfully started a server in the past. I am trying to do so now and running into a strange error. The client says can't connect to patch server but the server says connection accepted. Screenshot: https://puu.sh/APX1g/a59078bf20.png

To the best of my research this is a problem with my router which may not accept NAT loop back.
Can someone who might know what's going on get back to me? Thanks.

I've been struggling for days now and am finally asking for help.

I set up a server, got all the ports forwarded and set the ip addresses in the ini, hex edited the client etc.

When I try to log in to my new server the welcome text says "Unconfigured welcome.txt..." despite the fact that I changed it and it says my user name and password are bad. The weird thing is that every time I try to login the log for the login server shows an accepted request.

Any ideas?

Ryoma2040

I have successfully started a server in the past. I am trying to do so now and running into a strange error. The client says can't connect to patch server but the server says connection accepted. Screenshot: https://puu.sh/APX1g/a59078bf20.png

To the best of my research this is a problem with my router which may not accept NAT loop back.
Can someone who might know what's going on get back to me? Thanks.

I'm having this exact problem. I doubt my router accepts NAT loopbacks either.
I've gone over everything in the setup at least ten times and still no luck.

PhotonSky

If I were to set up my own local lan system would I be able to play with just myl aptop? I'm planning on solo play for this. Just me on the server.

To put it bluntly, I just wanna play psoBB on a long bus ride with no wifi just my laptop. Is this possible?

Shidouri

Yes, absolutely. Just have it bind to the localhost address. It'll probably be easier to set up a DAT version though.

PhotonSky

Yes, absolutely. Just have it bind to the localhost address. It'll probably be easier to set up a DAT version though.
What's the difference between DAT and SQL? I'm assuming the only noticable difference is DAT handles drop rates in txt files while SQL uses .sgl.