Teambank

NezQuiCoule

Hello,

I just would like to suggest a feature that would've been nice to see : a team bank.
Since most of high-level players will enjoy rare hunting with IG friends, I wish I can get good stuff for any level and any character to share with some other people in my team without "giving it" each time.

Item placed in this bank would be flagged as "team object" and players won't be allowed to drop it or sold it. This item may be no longer owned by the player and be now the property of the whole team.

Imo it's maybe a hard implementation and also may not worth it, but this suggestion can be discussed and then be improved.

Regards ! :)

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
This is a really bad idea, especially with no way to audit who withdraws or removes items from the bank. You'd have stuff disappearing left and right. It definitely is more trouble than it's worth.

Soly

I was typing a not so short reply, but at the end, it's easier for you to have your leader(s)/trusted people use an account which holds all your team stuff rather than developing a whole new way of handling inventories which has a good chance of failure and would not be worth (the time spent on it).

Eidolon

Also, the client doesn't wait for verification from the server before it drops or sells an item in its inventory, so it wouldn't be possible to implement this anyway.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
That's not entirely true because Tofuman implemented this over at Edenserv. :P

Mylandra

I think it would be fine as long as you don't let anyone else than the team leaders access the bank.
Based on this http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2321 you should never have more than 10 leaders either way, so it's easier to track.
Ideally, you'd probably still need a log to track who withdraws/deposit what, but the team log never worked on private servers like it used to on SEGA.
And even then, I still think if the 200 items limit is still there, it's way too little for a whole team. Accounting the 10 leaders, you'd need a 2000 item limit (or 200 per leader).
While the limit could be increased through team points, it would be very laborious to navigate in such a huge pool of items the way PSO's bank is designed.

Eidolon

Well, one way you could do it is not use the normal bank interface at all. Do something entirely server side and let people search by item name with slash commands or whatever. Then all you need to do is give feedback with MOTD messages and adding/removing to/from the player's inventory. It's not really great UX, but it might be easier than slash command, open bank, rinse and repeat.