suggestion

government

I suggest we add multi-mode quests in solo-mode. it's really fun and adds a whole new world for TA, it was very popular on another server.

discuss pls?

Considering all the changes that have already been made to encourage people to play together (e.g. PSO2-style drops), there is no way Soda is going to add a feature that encourages people to play alone.

Aleron Ives said:
Considering all the changes that have already been made to encourage people to play together (e.g. PSO2-style drops), there is no way Soda is going to add a feature that encourages people to play alone.

i see what you mean but sometimes you can't even find anyone to play with and multimode can be VERY harsh on some classes.

The only way he'd consider doing it is by butchering drop rates, no way I'd wanna see that. Also iirc the whole reason solomode quests were removed from schthack was because it was fucking up the quest table (which I dont personally care about, Lee can go suck one), and the altered one containing solomode tier multimode quests doesnt exist here I think? So it'd have to be made which is a pain in itself.

Adding solo quests just means copying them to the solo section of the quest folder, it doesn't require any "effort" really.

Personally I love solomode quests, but I doubt they'd ever be a thing.

falkenjeff said:
Colette said:
The only way he'd consider doing it is by butchering drop rates, no way I'd wanna see that. Also iirc the whole reason solomode quests were removed from schthack was because it was fucking up the quest table (which I dont personally care about, Lee can go suck one), and the altered one containing solomode tier multimode quests doesnt exist here I think? So it'd have to be made which is a pain in itself.

I also remember someone mentioning something like this.

So Soda probably won't do it simply because it's a pain in the ass.

SPEAKING OF LEE AND REMOVED SHIT: remember when quest rewards were completely removed on that shit server for like 2-3 years because people were abusing them to create items? Was literally the reason I quit that server. Came back every 6 months or so, checked, "nope, still no quest rewards." I wasn't aware he actually removed the solomode quests too lmao.

<3 Soda for actually fixing stuff instead of just disabling shit and forgetting about it.

Honestly I never ever cared about the quest rewards getting axed, it hardly effected me but unfortunately like many other dumb decisions and laziness it did effect the server badly. But that's in the past so screw that, I've (mostly) let it go and everyone else should too. We got a new home now.

Just want to chime in a bit... The multiplayer quests are "supposedly" balanced for multiple people playing. There's usually a lot more monsters and more chances for items to drop.

If they were moved to solo mode then, like Colette said, the drop rates would have to be adjusted slightly. Because solo mode enemies are a lot easier than multiplayer enemies.

I could consider it, but yeah... also like what Ives said, it'd promote more solo play vs multiplay.

Just my 2¢.

If solo questing never becomes a thing on the server, then I HIGHLY suggest a balance to ep2 and a few ep1 enemy resistances so forces can solo quests and not do less than 200 with foie against a merikle with a Foney + summit moon. Nothing crazy but at least giving every enemy a resistance relavtive to ep4/forest ep1, I think most enemies sit around an average of 35-45 with their respective resist. Just a thought.

Soloing episode 2 with a Force is a BAD IDEA and I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE it

GuardianGirth said:
If solo questing never becomes a thing on the server, then I HIGHLY suggest a balance to ep2 and a few ep1 enemy resistances so forces can solo quests and not do less than 200 with foie against a merikle with a Foney + summit moon. Nothing crazy but at least giving every enemy a resistance relavtive to ep4/forest ep1, I think most enemies sit around an average of 35-45 with their respective resist. Just a thought.

Holy crap this, nothing bugs me more than stupid damage caps that are intentionally leveled at handicapping certain classes/playstyles.

Sodaboy said:
Just want to chime in a bit... The multiplayer quests are "supposedly" balanced for multiple people playing. There's usually a lot more monsters and more chances for items to drop.

If they were moved to solo mode then, like Colette said, the drop rates would have to be adjusted slightly. Because solo mode enemies are a lot easier than multiplayer enemies.

I could consider it, but yeah... also like what Ives said, it'd promote more solo play vs multiplay.

Just my 2¢.
i wouldnt mind nerfed drop rates at all.

conenubi701 said:
Don't make life easier for forces.

HUSH YOU!....

No I know what you're saying, but some enemies like in eps 2 are clearly geared to hinder Fonewm/Foney while every other class gets a free pass. Doing 150-200 damage capped to a gigue isn't kosher in my eyes.

Back