Stream Deck Support?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheMilkMan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. TheMilkMan

TheMilkMan Member

Hi there!

I was hoping to get some help. I bought a stream deck to assist with streaming and it's great at that, but it also can be used for lots of other things. I was hoping to create some buttons that would simulate keyboard presses so that I could use the keyboard shortcuts for casting spells/using items...but the default method of doing that doesn't seem to work. Does this client support simulated keyboard presses? I could fashion something together using autohotkey, but I'd prefer to just press a button and have it simulate me pressing 1 on my keyboard...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives Member

You can use programs such as Joy2Key and Xpadder to map controller buttons to keyboard input, but BB has no ability to do this on its own.

3. TheMilkMan

TheMilkMan Member

I apologize if I wasn't clear. The device I use has software that lets me map a keyboard press to a button. The keyboard press is simulated, but it works in pretty much everything else I've tried. Does BB support simulated keyboard presses? It sounds like it does based on your reply, but what I've tried doesn't seem to work...

4. Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives Member

Most people use button presses to simulate keyboard input, e.g. to map the actions on the 0-9 number bar to their controller, because BB itself gives you no way to manipulate the number bar with a controller. I don't know what the point of simulating controller buttons with keyboard input would be, when you could just map that key to your desired in-game action directly and not involve the controller.

Maybe the program you're trying to use is for Xinput? BB is old and only supports DirectInput, so BB ignores software made for newer games, as well as controllers that operate in Xinput mode. If you can switch your software to DI mode, BB might respond to it.

5. hooty

hooty a e s t h e t i c 美的 マグ 育成 m a g r a i s e s

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    I think you're comparing milks device to a controller rather than what he seems to be explaining is more like a controller with keyboard emulation built in.

I would test in notepad a button press set to a number or letter, to verify it works in the simplest of environments. If it works there it should work in PSOBB as long as keyboard controls are on.

At the same time it seems to me like you must be using a controller already and further separating yourself from the keyboard, in which case there are better ways to accomplish that goal. I use a PS4 setup with joytokey that has most all keyboard functions on it. I only have to reach for the keys to type.