Start up crash

Marv

i'm new here and just heard of this server. i am very excited and any help would be appreciated. I just downloaded the game today. when i try to start the game i get a black windowed mode for about a second then crash; full screen is no different . ran as admin with compatibility sp 2 and 3. turned off all virus protection. tried every rez. and don't really know where to go from here. Ephinea wont even let me log in on the main page after i confirmed 2 separate accounts.. i run windows 10 with a gtx970..

Open up the loader,options select more. Under graphics advanced an uncheck advanced effects and save. When you say main page I assume you mean website. The website and the game require to different registrations.

Change (lower) the resolution in the launcher options
i have tried every resolution i can.. no luck.. i do run 3 screens at a max of 2560x1600 but i have tried all the lower rez as well.. does it have to do with window mode cuz i have tried them all full screen as well.. black crash.. thats all i can get

Open up the loader,options select more. Under graphics advanced an uncheck advanced effects and save. When you say main page I assume you mean website. The website and the game require to different registrations.
Advanced effects was already unchecked. but i cant change it if i want because the more options wont allow me to actually select a resolution the tabs are all just blank. so i have to press cancel

i'm new here and just heard of this server. i am very excited and any help would be appreciated. I just downloaded the game today. when i try to start the game i get a black windowed mode for about a second then crash; full screen is no different . ran as admin with compatibility sp 2 and 3. turned off all virus protection. tried every rez. and don't really know where to go from here. Ephinea wont even let me log in on the main page after i confirmed 2 separate accounts.. i run windows 10 with a gtx970..

thanks to everyone to tried to help. i guess im out. i'll check back in a few weeks. too bad the launcher cant work for everyone. see ya! :D

I was having the same problem and narrowed it down to a mis-match between resolution options. If I have the Ephinea launcher trying to run the game at, say, 1280x960 and the PSOBB OPTION window you get after clicking "more" is set to 1280x1024, it'll crash every time for me.

Unfortunately, there aren't many resolutions offered by PSOBB OPTION. If anyone knows a way to add more, or manually change it or something, that'd be nice.

There is a whole bunch listed in the DLL right above 'classic full screen'. There isnt anymore than those.

I was having the same problem and narrowed it down to a mis-match between resolution options. If I have the Ephinea launcher trying to run the game at, say, 1280x960 and the PSOBB OPTION window you get after clicking "more" is set to 1280x1024, it'll crash every time for me.

Unfortunately, there aren't many resolutions offered by PSOBB OPTION. If anyone knows a way to add more, or manually change it or something, that'd be nice.
The resolution options in the "more" options (which is just the old original sega options) are not used.
The resolution data is overwritten when the game starts up.

Back