Stack grinders and materials?

Dab

pso winner
Hello Admins and Mods,
I would like to suggest that you allow grinders and materials to be stacked in the inventory and banks. This would save lots of room, especially in our banks. I know I'll be collecting these to use for future use.

What do you guys think?

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
The software already supports this. (The new version does.)

You will have to patch your client executable to know the new limits, though.

Dab

pso winner
So, probably a really dumb question, but how would I get that to work? I'm no developer, but I can sift my way through a file and replace code. Is it a lot of work?

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
well the changes we've implemented to the client require more than just a few value changes. The code in the client is changed how this is processed. Now with the new client there are 2 arrays. One array is for true/false is item stackable. Then another array is for how many items can be in the stack. This does mean that you have more flexibility with stackable items. You can set say fluids to a stack of 20, mates 30 materials 200.

So unless you know what you're doing It's best to use the client patcher.

But with the new client its just a matter of setting true to stackable and then setting how many are in the stack. This its just a matter of setting the stack limit on the ship. (The new server has these limits set in the config. Old ship code will need you to edit the source.)

NerdmastaX

Neroziat
this confuses me a bit tofu because i have a very old buggy client patcher for 1.25.13 and i was just about to change the stack and do a file compare and list the offsets changed. i didnt know about a new client. or are you referring to the server? It would be nice to have a clear footing on what changes were done where. A good client editor would be nice.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
The Client that will be released with the next Teth build will contain all the code you require already. You then just need to edit how many you want to stack items and if stacking should be enabled on the client. These changes however will only affect the client. If you try to use new stackable items the ship won't be aware and will cause a desync (inventory full). So you also need to change the settings on the server to accept these new stack configurations.

Sodaboy has released a EXE patcher which should enable the new stacking code. Although there is no GUI. I personally have no problem with that, actually prefer it. However I can understand if you would prefer the reassurance of a GUI so that you can visually see what changes are being made.

The patcher you're probably using doesn't have the ability to stack individual "tools". for example If you stack Materials; Grinders will also be affected, for instance. If you're happy with that then you'll be okay to use it. You will just need to update the source code of the server to allow it also. (The next release wont require any changes to the source. The admin has the ability to edit this via config).