Xlaits

I'm having some issues getting a connection from an outside network, and it's giving me those errors. The connection INCOMING tells the server that there's things going on, but there's NO OUTGOING DATA, so everything stops. Ports are forwarded, and everything.

To clarify, the server knows there's an incoming connection, and shows that there is a connection established. However, the patch server is not sending any outgoing data, so no client that isn't on the local network is able to connect. I'm trying to run this server for a few friends, and I'm not resorting to Hamachi/VPN methods... Any help?

EDIT: So I'm a complete moron. Please remember to change the override setting of tethealla.ini from 0 to your external ip.

Last edited:

Xlaits

I have tried that myself, but I still get the same error...What could I be doing wrong?

Post your ini for me? If you don't want to use your external IP, please replace it with x.x.x.x so I know you at least changed that.
I need both the ship.ini and whatever the login one is.

It would also help if I knew the internal IP of the server computer and the computer you're attempting to connect with.

Xlaits

All righty.

Alright, I took a look, and nothing seems off (except your number of blocks. Good gods, are you REALLY gonna EVER have 50 blocks?). How are you trying to connect? Have you tried connecting locally first? Have you patched your EXE, have you forwarded your ports?

Merveille

Ports are Forwarded, the EXE was edited with HXedit (Don't know what you mean by patched otherwise) like the Guide said to and I can connect fine on the host computer, but no others, not even my laptop.

EDIT: I left it at 1 block for now because I don't know if I'll ever get enough people to warrant more than that yet. And it did say 180 is the maximum number of players a block can support.

Xlaits

Ports are Forwarded, the EXE was edited with HXedit (Don't know what you mean by patched otherwise) like the Guide said to and I can connect fine on the host computer, but no others, not even my laptop.

EDIT: I left it at 1 block for now because I don't know if I'll ever get enough people to warrant more than that yet. And it did say 180 is the maximum number of players a block can support.

Alright, there is a better tool for patching. HXedit is the hard way of doing it, but there is a much easier way.

Try using this tool: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/noob-friendly-executable-patching-tool-createtethexe.91/'

It's what I've been using to patch mine up. It's simple. Edit the INI, run newtable.exe, run the other exe, bam.

I tried editing via HEX last time, and couldn't get it to work. That tool worked wonders.

Xlaits

Still failed. Not sure why...

Hm... You did forward your ports, correct? Would you mind if I tried to connect? Or on the flip side, you should try to connect to me. I can give you a pre-patched launcher that I know works, since it's what I personally use.

I'm just trying to rule out potential issues.

Last edited:

Xlaits

You could try, sure.
Just tried connecting, using the IP address given in your config files. 903'd after a minute, just trying to patch.
I'm testing your ports right now.

Port 5298 Closed.
Port 11000 Closed.
Port 11001 Closed.
Port 12000 Closed.
Port 12001 Closed.

So it seems that you haven't done your port forwarding correctly.

Merveille

Just tried connecting, using the IP address given in your config files. 903'd after a minute, just trying to patch.
I'm testing your ports right now.

Port 5298 Closed.
Port 11000 Closed.
Port 11001 Closed.
Port 12000 Closed.
Port 12001 Closed.

So it seems that you haven't done your port forwarding correctly.
Hm...Got Discord, maybe you can help me figure out AT&T's Router?

EDIT: Even with Passthrough (Which is AT&T's version of DMZ...), it still says the same thing...

Last edited:

Merveille

As we found out...

If you use AT&T, CHANGE YOUR ISP as they block it.

My issue was solved by changing back over to my Cable connection.