Soloing POD

Miku

vocaloid
Is there a guide for doing this optimally somewhere? I have a purple Ramarl I think should be pretty good at this, but I'd like to know what are the recommended strategies and gear for getting through it as efficiently as possible. I'd like to know opinions about all parts of it but especially for fighting each of the possible bosses at the end.

Bring a Nidra or Agastya for high chance at invuln for the boss. Kill a red or orange spike and you should have plenty of time to kill it with baranz or berserk needle.

For form 2, NHH or NHS with any needle and max ata + Ranger Wall/Red Ring on the boss is easy and consistent. Ensure you're hitting all 4 parts. You can try to get invinc from mag trigger on the laser attack. If you don't miss a crystal, you should kill all four just fine.

You could also use Estlla when the crystals are around 1500ish HP left (assuming high enough level RAmarl and 120 Synchro on mag). Needs to be timed but works well to ensure all crystals killed at once (in case poor ATA rolls, but Ramar and Ramarl rarely miss on the crystals unless the player made a mistake with the timing of the attack). Depending on the attacks you did in the previous floors, 100PB during form 2 is pretty easy to get.

Learn which spawns trigger the Dorphons so that you're prepared to stop/avoid the charge and arrest/demons. For example, first Dorphon spawn is triggered after the Yowie that spawned next to the Astark dies.

Bring a Nidra or Agastya for high chance at invuln for the boss. Kill a red or orange spike and you should have plenty of time to kill it with baranz or berserk needle.

For form 2, NHH or NHS with any needle and max ata + Ranger Wall/Red Ring on the boss is easy and consistent. Ensure you're hitting all 4 parts. You can try to get invinc from mag trigger on the laser attack. If you don't miss a crystal, you should kill all four just fine.

You could also use Estlla when the crystals are around 1500ish HP left (assuming high enough level RAmarl and 120 Synchro on mag). Needs to be timed but works well to ensure all crystals killed at once (in case poor ATA rolls, but Ramar and Ramarl rarely miss on the crystals unless the player made a mistake with the timing of the attack). Depending on the attacks you did in the previous floors, 100PB during form 2 is pretty easy to get.

Learn which spawns trigger the Dorphons so that you're prepared to stop/avoid the charge and arrest/demons. For example, first Dorphon spawn is triggered after the Yowie that spawned next to the Astark dies.
Some good stuff in there. But what's the fastest way to kill the lizards/yowies? Excal, Hell Scythe, divine punishment, or what? I have a 60h arrest laser so I don't expect the dorphons to be a problem. I'm more worried about being slow lol. Well, except against the boss.

Some good stuff in there. But what's the fastest way to kill the lizards/yowies? Excal, Hell Scythe, divine punishment, or what? I have a 60h arrest laser so I don't expect the dorphons to be a problem. I'm more worried about being slow lol. Well, except against the boss.
I would use excal, even if 0ed. I believe NHS on max ATA RAmarl with 0h Excal is 100% success rate vs lizards, and they'll probably die to something like NH+NHS.

Lizards and Yowies are already high EVP enemies, so S1 and S2 with a hell scythe won't have enough ATA to be reliable.

Divine Punishment has a pretty low damage cap and can't be used 50% of the time. It might be okay, never really messed with it.

Also there is sandbox which is very good for testing gear ;)

I would use excal, even if 0ed. I believe NHS on max ATA RAmarl with 0h Excal is 100% success rate vs lizards, and they'll probably die to something like NH+NHS.

Lizards and Yowies are already high EVP enemies, so S1 and S2 with a hell scythe won't have enough ATA to be reliable.

Divine Punishment has a pretty low damage cap and can't be used 50% of the time. It might be okay, never really messed with it.

Also there is sandbox which is very good for testing gear ;)
Hey sorry if this is a noob question, but how to get to a red or orange spike? I usually just see a million spinning blades things that are hard to damage and constantly keep knocking me down. Do these have any weakness or anything?

Hey sorry if this is a noob question, but how to get to a red or orange spike? I usually just see a million spinning blades things that are hard to damage and constantly keep knocking me down. Do these have any weakness or anything?
When the boss first spawns, typically the yellow/red spike usually spawns to the north of the other spikes, away from the rest of them.

Alright new question. Is it worth sphering a Baranz Launcher for more dark to beat this boss easier? I have ~400 PDs and 2 PS sitting around I could use on something.

Edit: So I've actually tried it. There is a solo mode for it lol. Excal can just kill lizards in one combo and everything before the boss is really not that hard. Boss is tough for me but I think I probably just need to hold off on this until I level up some more and can use Red Ring. Then it shouldn't be too much trouble. Right now, I'm incapable of doing enough damage to him in the first phase the first time you can really attack him. That really is annoying. Or I just need to remember to change my V502 for something better when I get to him but I forgot lol. Only took 18min to get to him first try, even though I'm not super duper high level but I have a lot of pretty good gear.

Last edited:
Is FOnewm not the fastest for this after the introduction of solo mode POD?

Alright new question. Is it worth sphering a Baranz Launcher for more dark to beat this boss easier? I have ~400 PDs and 2 PS sitting around I could use on something.

Edit: So I've actually tried it. There is a solo mode for it lol. Excal can just kill lizards in one combo and everything before the boss is really not that hard. Boss is tough for me but I think I probably just need to hold off on this until I level up some more and can use Red Ring. Then it shouldn't be too much trouble. Right now, I'm incapable of doing enough damage to him in the first phase the first time you can really attack him. That really is annoying. Or I just need to remember to change my V502 for something better when I get to him but I forgot lol. Only took 18min to get to him first try, even though I'm not super duper high level but I have a lot of pretty good gear.

what level are you?

i think with the right equipment and some practice, this should be a piece of cake for you. ender's suggestions for the boss are pretty solid. go for it again!

Ehh, at this point I think it's more of a difficulty overcoming the boringness/tediousness of it than actually being able to beat it. The solo mode enemies are a lot weaker than I was imagining before I even knew it had such a thing. But it seems to be the most reliable way of attempting to get a really good hs.

Back