Solo PW4

Poumn

DOOM POOM
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
I've just wasted 2 hours or so trying to solo PW4 on vh, lv 143 ramarl. It's absolutely the most miserable experience I've had with this game. Why can't you tp in tower?

And then theres people at lv 80 who solo it on ult? Is there something wrong with me?

Experience & spawn knowledge~

Anyways, few pointers for PW4:
  1. As a RAmarl all you really need is FS+Demons Mechs/Laser+HS (Freeze > Demons > Kill). 0h FS+HS works and 50h demons laser works so you don't need to be mega-rich.
  2. You can stick to the start of the long rooms away from enemies and shoot, you can also abuse the wall, gibbles and ill gills will become glitched when you are on the wall and not attack you when you are attacking them. (Gibbles spazzes out as long as you hit him while on the wall & Ill gill walks around as if he doesn't see you, but be warned if he is too close he can sometimes charge you down the wall or attack you still)
  3. Del lilies if you are struggling can be dealt with by having higher EDK, they suicide after 1-2 demons so easy to switch targets fast.
  4. The biggest pain of soloing is the multi-spawn square rooms at the end of each tower. But the keyword there is ''multi-spawn''. If its too much to handle you just leave one of the enemies and handle the first set of spawns (leave 1 reco box alive until the one set of enemies is dead and in the last room leave 1 gi gue alive and deal with 1 set of spawns.)
  5. Epsi rafoie is easy to avoid damage with EFR but you can work out how much damage you will take and use this to trigger your invc on mag, making new spawns easier to deal with.
    ((EFR/100)-1)*1465

70 EFR = 439.5
    60 EFR = 586
    52 EFR = 703.2
    50 EFR = 732.5
    48 EFR = 761.8
    45 EFR = 805.7
    42 EFR = 849.7
    40 EFR = 879.65
    39 EFR = 893
    38 EFR = 908.3
    35 EFR = 952.25
    34 EFR = 966.9
    33 EFR = 981.55
    32 EFR = 996.2
    30 EFR = 1025.5
    28 EFR = 1054.8
    27 EFR = 1069.45
    25 EFR = 1098.75
    24 EFR = 1113.4
    21 EFR = 1157.35
    20 EFR = 1172
    18 EFR = 1201.3
    15 EFR = 1245.25
    12 EFR = 1289.2
    6 EFR= 1337.1
    2 EFR = 1435.7
  6. Learn spawns, knowing when to gifoie as delbiter spawns etc.
  7. More gear, although I did mention just needing those 3 earlier, having lots of more pricey gear does help a ton in many situations.

Also note there aren't many people soloing it at level 80 at all, many or most people who are not experienced struggle with quests like this.

Last edited:
the main problem i had was the final room, i died to the 3 epsilons just managing to 1 shot me with the guards about 20 times and i just got so sick of running all the way back up there, you really cant ryuker at all in there?

The quest calls to disable warps so Ryuker doesn't work. I also notice you said that you were aiming to solo on vh. A note to supply with Epsilon is that their guards do not travel as far from their core on Difficulties under Ultimate. They do not stretch far enough to clear your character of their hitboxes. Therefore, if you aim to scum Epsilons the way people do it on Ultimate, you'll just get creamed.

Yeah I'm not too sure why pw4 still has ryuker disabled aside that being its default configuration from Sega, there's much harder tower quests now by comparison. Like Spuz said though playing tower is mostly AI abuse and learning how the enemies function, what they do at certain HP amounts, and what their triggers are. It helps a lot to time out your blessings (hitting the computer at the start of each tower by the side of the teleporter) and abuse del lilys screech, and delbiter charge and gibble drop for invincibility triggers. Thought you did state you're in vhmode so most of what you have to learn is just learning your enemies. Just keep at it, eventually it'll become obvious what makes the enemies tick.

Your question reminded me of a crazy ass RAmar I played with back in GC days. After lookin for a video he did I found it.

Ah the days of when you couldn't change the god awful camera angle. :wacko:

Reactions: Ade
the main problem i had was the final room, i died to the 3 epsilons just managing to 1 shot me with the guards about 20 times and i just got so sick of running all the way back up there, you really cant ryuker at all in there?

The 3 epsi spawn, as long as you survive rafoie (wear EFR if needed), you can stand in the middle of the room, they will slowly move towards you from each direction and all the bodies will be around you. Their guards will then merge and spin around all 3 bodies, (huge circle). This way you will be unhit from the shields, sucks when you play multi and others run out or die and respawn one, it can be a mess then.

Walking does suck ass though, gotta pack yourself with scapes with any space left and hope that's enough haha

Your question reminded me of a crazy ass RAmar I played with back in GC days. After lookin for a video he did I found it.

Oh, for a minute I thought you meant the lvl 80 Zack pw4s:

ChaosMagnum was one of the first GC players to play on the level of today's high end BB players. He was ahead of his time. Thanks for sharing this!

Back