Several questions regarding itemPMT, Unitxt.j, and weapon modding.

kromlech

Disclaimer: I don't know terminology so just assume when I say weapon "family" I mean all the weapons contained within the ID that share 3rd and 4th digits, 00xx00, together in the PMT file. For example, the saber, brand, buster, pallasch, gladius, DB's Saber, Kaladbolg, Duranadal, and Galatine are all the 000100 family. Yea it's bytes or whatever, but I'm gonna say digits.

I don't want to add any items yet, I'm just changing some empty slots for now.

I'm trying to edit the unused weapon at ID 00d100 (yes my client is already patched) to shoot multiple projectiles like a Shot type, but I don't think it's in the PMT file. Is it somewhere in PMT.prs or is the ability to shoot multiple projectiles at once hardcoded into the client by weapon family? Basically I want a rifle that shoots 5 bullets forward like a shot type would. The weapon range is already set to 5 targets, and 5 reticles appear, but only one bullet comes out.

What does the projectile column actually do? It seems to determine where the projectile comes out from the weapon. 0 being the character hand, 1 being the handle, 2 and 3 being the front but at different heights. Setting it higher than that in my testing made the bullets originate from offscreen somewhere (not unlike the slingshot glitch).

The Photon Type column makes no sense to me at all. I want a blade made of photons that flicker (instead of pulse) with the color of the photon, but I can't seem to achieve that effect no matter what I try. Is that achieved with a combination of Photon Type and something in the model or texture AFS?

For the unitxt.j, what other codes work for text effects? I learned that /tCG will create a gold shimmer text, so is there a list of those written down anywhere? (are they like the Patch server's welcome message text effects?)

edit: Just thought of another: in order to change a combination, I have to change the PMT, as well as the ship.c? Is that right? Does the client need to be patched as well?

I wish google wasn't so useless trying to find PSO answers. I'm very grateful this forum is here to answer my questions.

Last edited:
- I just call those "groups".

- I don't think I have messed with the projectile amount, but it might be tied to the "animation"? ... try changing that group's animation to shot and see if you get the 5 bullets in your rifle...

- I'll keep your projectile findings in mind xD

- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (no idea)

- These are the original colors in the game, from 0 to 9, orange is the gold pulsing one you get with G
upload_2019-11-20_22-19-9.png

- Old teth doesn't read the PMT so yeah, for new combinations you have to change the source and recompile the ship

Thanks for the response.

Sadly, changing to Shot animation doesn't allow the weapon to shoot multiple bullets. I even tried copying the Final Impact's exact stats into 00d100 (model and texture too), but it still didn't shoot multiple bullets.

Thanks for the response.

Sadly, changing to Shot animation doesn't allow the weapon to shoot multiple bullets. I even tried copying the Final Impact's exact stats into 00d100 (model and texture too), but it still didn't shoot multiple bullets.
Then as many things, that's hardcoded in the client, probably

Back