Server cannot Parse Quest ini's files with 2-byte characters.

Neirene

It's a minor issue I found and i've been trying diferent ways to see if I can make it work in my test server maybe you can point me into the correct direction, i want to localize the quest selection menus to japanese the ones that are defined in the quest folder in the inis such as ep1solo.ini

the structure by default looks like this
Code:
solo\ep1\
Main Story
Experience the$main story of$Phantasy Star$Online!
solo\ep1\side\
Side Story
Uncover a$little more$about what's$going on...

Then for example I want to leave only the "Side Story" category available to select I modify the file accordingly:
Code:
solo\ep1\side\
Side Story
Uncover a$little more$about what's$going on...

Until this point the game starts without problems and shows only the side story category the problem arises when I want to localize this to japanese such as:

Code:
solo\ep1\side\
サイドストーリー
パイオニア2の行方

The SHIP server cannot start and throws an exeption saying it cannot find those quests files.

I'm using the default windows notepad for editing this files and I run into the problem that the program wants to save the file as an ANSI or UTF-8 charset file to retain the japanese characters information but then conflicts with the load of the server as it seems It cannot parse the japanese strings. I tried also Visual Studio but to no avail...

It's very strange because this doesnt happens with the Welcome.txt of the patch server you can write in japanese on it without any issues and they will get shown in the game just fine.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing you can do because you don't know anything about coding and that version of Tethealla is hard coded to read the quest files in that fashion.

You're out of luck.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Next version has this implemented, just FYI...

Attachments

• unicode_quest.png
    unicode_quest.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53