Second resolution to can't type

SirGouki

For the FAQ, "I cant type in the game", a problem that I have noticed on both my girl friend's and my PCs is that psobb does not run in the foreground on startup. At first, I thought it was a problem with my keyboard on her computer, so we switched keyboards and it continued to happen. When I started the game on my computer, I just happened to have opera running and when pso loaded, it loaded behind it. I could still control everything with the game pad, but it wasn't getting input from the keyboard until I clicked on it. I clicked on my girl friends client and that fixed the problem. The weird part is she wasn't running anything and it popped up over the taskbar like it should have.

Both PCs running Windows 10, Creative update 2. I do not recall this happening while I was running a LAN server or playing on schthack. It is possible it has to do with the newer full screen mode, as neither of us have even tried classic full screen.

TL;DR not being able to type can also be solved by clicking inside the game window.

The new fullscreen is made so you can alt-tab and use other PC programs so if you have programs/software open/set to take control and be the top process than they will do so (You can set most/all programs to be quiet and not notify you of stuff etc or just don't do anything else while playing pso/click on the pso screen). or as you mentioned on classic that won't happen, however you will be unable to alt-tab to anything else.

The new fullscreen is made so you can alt-tab and use other PC programs so if you have programs/software open/set to take control and be the top process than they will do so (You can set most/all programs to be quiet and not notify you of stuff etc or just don't do anything else while playing pso/click on the pso screen). or as you mentioned on classic that won't happen, however you will be unable to alt-tab to anything else.

this doesn't quite fit with it being in the background when nothing else is running on the computer save the OS though.

Back