"Seccy" A Section ID calculator for Android devices

MagicLuthee

Latest Release rolled out October 08 2018 (v1.3.1)

Github:
https://github.com/eleriaqueen/Seccy/releases

Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eleriaqueen.seccy

giphy.gif

(This gif is a bit outdated)

Latest Changes :
  • App will no longer rotate with the screen, portrait mode only
  • Clicking on certain UI elements will "fold" them (their state is saved)
  • Name is now automatically saved/loaded (last entered name)
  • Added an easily understandable "Not Applicable" icon that will be displayed instead of Section ID icons under certain circumstances.
  • Replaced all Section ID icons with my own
  • Refined labels on Section ID icons (Redria... Pinkal... etc)
  • Updated Glide (image library)
  • Compiled with Android Studio 3.2

Last edited:

Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
While I may not use it I downloaded it on my phone, it's pretty neat and may one day be useful!

MagicLuthee

(Gif image now shows the newest version of the app)

New release rolled out Nov. 23 2017:
- Whole UI is vertically scrollable when the device can't display everything (landscape mode on a phone for example)

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

Hi again, for fun (and because running Android apps on Windows is too much of a hassle) I'm doing a kind of "proof of concept" UI and code under the codename uSeccy (for unifiedSeccy) that would be cross platform (thanks to Qt Quick framework) which means app would be built for Android / Windows / Linux.

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

Well I thought about that and figured if one recommended the app to a friend calling it Sexy it would be weird XD

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

Hi everyone, Seccy version 1.1 was rolled early this morning ^ _^

Changes :

/!\ Please clear this app's cache, preferably before running version 1.1 as resources (assets) and their paths have changed, this is to clear any possible issue

- Broadened Support for older Android versions ( as low as 4.0 )
- Text is now centered on Android 4.x
- Optimized assets (Images) size by 10 - 30 %
- Updated Glide library to version 4.4
- 'Legacy' is now called 'Classic' in the user interface
- Removed popup text when touching a badge (it might come back later in another, more elegant, form)

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

Woah, that was... interesting XD
I let it run till the end because I had to know how far they would go hahaha

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

Rolled out Seccy 1.1.2 today (12/29/2017) !

- Better font for static text elements (font name : Aldrich)
(Scaling / Layout has changed, tell me if it's wrong because of this change on some devices)

- Library "Calligraphy" by chrisjenx is now used (it handles custom fonts)

- Universal black background across Android versions

- Name input widget will stay visible and available when scrolling vertically :

- Long-Touch tooltips on images (Android 8.0 and up)

- Classic section id was calculated even with non-ASCII characters in name, this has been fixed

- Tiny tooltip bug has been fixed

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

Hi, for fun I made a stripped down version of Seccy that can run on any "hacked" Wii that has a USB keyboard plugged in (thanks to Devkitpro & Libogc). Completely useless, totally awesome!

(Had Libogc added support for the Gamecube ASCII keyboard, I would have tried compiling code for GC too)

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

Hello again, I'm working on basic UI for Seccy which would replace the current high contrast lack-of-an-UI.

Last edited:

Mad

Looks nice :)

Just an idea:

Did you also try how it looks when omitting the class-based colors on the left? And maybe introduce headings (possibly vertically) for "Classic" and "BB" (instead of adding it to each line)? Then a small vertical margin between the three groups (HU / RA / FO) might be sufficient, and the only color left would be for the actual Section IDs.

Maybe then there is enough space to display the Section ID names? I’m sure not everyone knows them by their icons (e.g., differentiating the two greenish ones), especially not if they are color blind.

MagicLuthee

Thanks, I tried doing vertical text but it didn't turn out well (couldn't find a font that would make text easily readable either). I found out then that I'm pretty bad at designing UI, sadly >_<
The dark text was a workaround for that issue. There was a workaround for people not knowing ID names which was that doing a long-touch on a symbol displayed a tooltip, but it only worked on android 8 and up.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still very much trying out things. :)

Last edited:

Mad

Thoughts:
  • "DC" has to come first ;)! (alphabetically as well as chronologically)
  • As "DC"/"GC"/"XB" are horizontal, I’d use the same for Blue Burst, too, naming it "BB" then
  • I think it looks better if "BB" is just blue, not blue/red (same as the icons PSO-World uses)
  • Did you leave out PSO for PC on purpose? (no idea, does it also use the classic calculation?)
  • What’s the red line under the input? Is this an auto-correction feature? If yes, guess it would make sense to disable it, if possible (as it’s probably not useful for names in a game)

Last edited:

MagicLuthee

@Mad I agree, DC has to come first. I'll add PC to the list and will sort them by chronological order.
I left out PC by omission actually :D
Yes the red line is due to auto-correct, will try to disable it.