Season's Greetings - A Message to Many

Twilight

So it's been a month since I started being around the community instead of keeping to myself and I have to say it's been a very pleasant stay so far. I hope to stick around for the foreseeable future; I'm glad to have chosen this way - Merry Christmas, everyone :D

I wanted to give thanks to the people here for being a part of something special to my life. If I forgot anyone, terribly sorry. Know that you matter to me too :) Here goes:

To the staff of Ephinea:
Matt - For inspiring me to try in the first place and lighting a different path
Ryan - For appreciating a love of working on wikis and giving me a good laugh
Sodaboy - For helping me be able to play PSO with the setup I prefer playing
Tofuman - For you and Soda making PSO continue being a reality year after year
Ender - For the insight on addons and enabling me to enjoy Christmas happily
Mew - For being you and staying you, giving good cheer to everyone your way
anime - For you also being you and for having your own unique brand of being
ごり -サーバーを助けてくれてありがとう、それは私を幸せにします (グーグル翻訳)
(Gori - Thank you for helping the server, it makes me happy) (Google Translate)

To others that come to mind in no particular order:
phelix - For encouraging me to keep trying, even if it means making mistakes
Necrodoom - For being a fellow wiki editor and helping me learn the ropes
DreamsInWonderland - For relating with me on MMOs and helping with the wiki
DieDieDie - For getting my corny jokes and being good fun to enjoy memes with
Ade - For caring about things in your own way and being compassionate about it
No Hit - For piercing the heavens with Meseta and continuing to move forward
Justine. - For not finding any hit Heaven Striker even after maxing out HBR :(
Travendus & bowlofspiders - For enlightening me on what it means to be suco
Comentor - For also teaching me the art of suco and relating with memes & GBF
Dezorian & ShadowArtist - For keeping that quirky retro feeling alive and well
Nikki - For sympathizing with me on multiple topics (down with forced cameras!)
Cwood - For encouraging me with my ideas and being a good sport with me
Firkraag - For "getting me" through memes about percussive maintenance
Lepvelx - For still killing those flowers and reminding me not to take life for granted
Toad (bug guy) - For having the persistance to solve things your own way
Red - For reminding me that it helps to see things through others' eyes
Eidolon, Soly & others - For making/keeping the addons alive for everyone to use
Spuz - For just bein' a regular Joe Cool, 'nuff said. :cool:

Also that magfeeding afker that got a Psycho Wand to drop for them, I don't know you but you're part of this too :wacko:

Again, if I didn't mention you, it's okay! Maybe we talked before or I know about you but don't have much to say right now. You're still awesome for being here <3
"Strangers are just friends not yet met," right? ;)

Happy Holidays. Thank you for brightening up my life, Ephinea.

I've been a part of many online communities in my life from a relatively young age, but this one seriously takes the cake. Finding out that PSO was not only alive, but well taken care of upon my discovery of Ephinea was one of the brightest moments in an overall bleak point in my life. I will always cherish the time I've spent with these people, and I'm positive you will too, Twilight. Here's to countless more hours spent clearing the battlefield.

Last edited:
PSO has become a small community, but with that, most people have become closer to one another or to at least know one another thus creating a semblance of respect. This has caused many good times and laughs among friends but also much drama. Pros and Cons exist everywhere but you gotta look past any negativity and spread the joy into your heart and soul and that of others! For many, it's been an Ephinea journey which imo has been the best journey (for below reasons) but for many also we have known each other for years as part of the PSO community from older servers which brings with it an extra touch of wholesome connection.

Truly this is the time to play PSO, with the abundance of extra features we have, it is truly awe-inspiring. Not that long ago during the demise of the old Schthack, we didn't even have wide-screen back then and this was years after the official release, but as soon as Ephinea came around and started Implementing epic QOL PSO began to evolve. I know Ultima has a lot of QOL also. Not just in-game with the abundance of QOL we have thanks to Soda, Matt, Ender, Tofu etc but the many people working on PSO on the side like all the addon peeps, Phelix with PSOstats, Soly and Tofu with all sorts of projects, ESC who is always tinkering with things, Reason who made a server purely for the TA community, The WIKI and the amount of raw information being added, and so on, everywhere you look there are people with projects to advance the PSO we have and love and that is truly amazing to me, to be part of and see, and enjoy, that 20 years after the original release there is a community who cares enough about the game to still be part of its evolution, for this I am grateful.

Back