Saying goodbye to people who do not need you is also a sign of maturity

I had a really bad year after my wife started to cheat me around the holidays and split shortly thereafter.

I learned a lot about what I would like to share with you.
Its quite an Essay but its worth reading it!

„Saying goodbye to people who do not need you is also a sign of maturity“

How many times have you felt obligated in your life to bid farewell? In truth, it is not the circumstances that you did, but because it is important to understand that in the course of our lives, we need to disconnect more than one connection, even if it hurts.

Farewell means to show maturity, to find ourselves back to ourselves, because certain circumstances, something or someone was responsible for removing ourselves from the most important components of life - happiness and mental balance.

„I say goodbye to you because I know that you no longer need me because I'm not your priority, because your empties make my own even bigger and because we said goodbye long ago, even though we did not say it out loud.“

Actually, we could say that the goodbye in itself does not hurt as much as the thought of wanting to return. For in it lies not only our own power, but also our dignity.

You must never allow yourself to become weak and run after someone who does not need you or already knows where you are. If you do, you inflict great suffering on yourself, weaken your self-esteem, and at the same time lend power to a certain person to decide your happiness or misfortune.

But you should be the one who defines his own happiness, has the reins for his life in his hand and knows exactly who deserves to spend time, dreams and hopes in him. It takes courage and love for oneself to say goodbye to someone.

It requires us courage to disconnect someone who no longer needs us.

How nice it would be if everything was easier; if there was a potion to escape, to close the doors of our hearts to the one who no longer loves us, and to learn the art of forgetting, like someone who drops and sees a stone in a river as it disappears in the depths.

A goodbye means courage. It is an act of personal willpower to continue. At that moment, a circle closes because we say to ourselves that we can not continue to suffer even more. Because who gives you only absence (emotionally) does not deserve your presence in any way, wether its emotionally, physical or financial.

There is no such thing as a forgetting that leaves no marks or scars. Sometimes, saying goodbye to someone sometimes results in the healing of many soul pains that do not just go away with time and passing months. Time does not heal all wounds unless we contribute something, so we should consider these aspects.

With a farewell comes the pain

It is important to understand that farewell, release, pain. Many people do not want to understand that and they decide to stick to a goodbye day after day without their thoughts and feelings being tidied up.

Saying goodbye to someone important to us above all demands that we understand what has happened, what has caused this separation.
It is necessary to accept that we are probably no longer loved or that we suffer more in a relationship than that we are happy.
The wounds of a separation always result in some emotional exhaustion - be it an expression of tears or words.
Acceptance only comes day by day, very slowly, but we feel safe and comfortable in our skin because we have made the right decision

A farewell without resentment, hatred or contempt is not always easy. The moment we become aware that we are no longer needed and loved, lead a poisoned or painful relationship, we feel defenseless and angry.

You must be aware that any negative emotion will make it impossible for you to close this circle. This load will carry you around with you, and that will in some way keep you connected to this person.
Anger, hatred and resentment affect our character and our emotions negatively and sustainably. We can not trust anymore, and this anger turns into an even bigger discomfort.
Get rid of everything - people who do not need you, as well as all the negative emotions that are responsible for keeping you connected to people who have harmed you in some way. Once you've done that, you can lead a liberated life. If you pick up every stone on your way, you will not be able to walk your life in the end and stay on the track. So if you ever get in this situation, go, free yourself

Last edited:
I had a really bad year after my wife started to cheat me around the holidays and split shortly thereafter.

I learned a lot about what I would like to share with you.
Its quite an Essay but its worth reading it!

„Saying goodbye to people who do not need you is also a sign of maturity“

How many times have you felt obligated in your life to bid farewell? In truth, it is not the circumstances that you did, but because it is important to understand that in the course of our lives, we need to disconnect more than one connection, even if it hurts.

Farewell means to show maturity, to find ourselves back to ourselves, because certain circumstances, something or someone was responsible for removing ourselves from the most important components of life - happiness and mental balance.

„I say goodbye to you because I know that you no longer need me because I'm not your priority, because your empties make my own even bigger and because we said goodbye long ago, even though we did not say it out loud.“

Actually, we could say that the goodbye in itself does not hurt as much as the thought of wanting to return. For in it lies not only our own power, but also our dignity.

You must never allow yourself to become weak and run after someone who does not need you or already knows where you are. If you do, you inflict great suffering on yourself, weaken your self-esteem, and at the same time lend power to a certain person to decide your happiness or misfortune.

But you should be the one who defines his own happiness, has the reins for his life in his hand and knows exactly who deserves to spend time, dreams and hopes in him. It takes courage and love for oneself to say goodbye to someone.

It requires us courage to disconnect someone who no longer needs us.

How nice it would be if everything was easier; if there was a potion to escape, to close the doors of our hearts to the one who no longer loves us, and to learn the art of forgetting, like someone who drops and sees a stone in a river as it disappears in the depths.

A goodbye means courage. It is an act of personal willpower to continue. At that moment, a circle closes because we say to ourselves that we can not continue to suffer even more. Because who gives you only absence (emotionally) does not deserve your presence in any way, wether its emotionally, physical or financial.

There is no such thing as a forgetting that leaves no marks or scars. Sometimes, saying goodbye to someone sometimes results in the healing of many soul pains that do not just go away with time and passing months. Time does not heal all wounds unless we contribute something, so we should consider these aspects.

With a farewell comes the pain

It is important to understand that farewell, release, pain. Many people do not want to understand that and they decide to stick to a goodbye day after day without their thoughts and feelings being tidied up.

Saying goodbye to someone important to us above all demands that we understand what has happened, what has caused this separation.
It is necessary to accept that we are probably no longer loved or that we suffer more in a relationship than that we are happy.
The wounds of a separation always result in some emotional exhaustion - be it an expression of tears or words.
Acceptance only comes day by day, very slowly, but we feel safe and comfortable in our skin because we have made the right decision

A farewell without resentment, hatred or contempt is not always easy. The moment we become aware that we are no longer needed and loved, lead a poisoned or painful relationship, we feel defenseless and angry.

You must be aware that any negative emotion will make it impossible for you to close this circle. This load will carry you around with you, and that will in some way keep you connected to this person.
Anger, hatred and resentment affect our character and our emotions negatively and sustainably. We can not trust anymore, and this anger turns into an even bigger discomfort.
Get rid of everything - people who do not need you, as well as all the negative emotions that are responsible for keeping you connected to people who have harmed you in some way. Once you've done that, you can lead a liberated life. If you pick up every stone on your way, you will not be able to walk your life in the end and stay on the track. So if you ever get in this situation, go, free yourself
"....Look to Love and you may dream, and if it should Leave then give it Wings, for if such a Love was meant to be....Hope is Home and the Heart is Free!..." Enya-"Hope has a Place" ='3

This is actually a post that hits really close to home.

Thanks Aang.

Went through this with both my father and my first serious gf.

That's harsh man! Being cheated upon is no joke although the cheater him or herself can be a victim as well in the relationship.

Few weeks ago my wife accused be of cheating for a 2nd time this year, without any grounds whatsoever (well, she found a long dark hair in the shower and since both my daughter and wife are blond it could not possible be from one of them was her statement).

I would never cheat and even if I would I would never do that in the home of our children in the frggin' shower (where you would also trip over their toys btw for all practical purposes). This might be due to the fact my wife is pretty insecure, although she is very beautiful herself. We pretty much worked it out for the time being, hopefully I won't be accused again.

Last edited:
Back