Rng quest selection command

Ducks

i don't know whats possible and how hard it would be to implement but a command for suggesting a quest to play

in lobby preferably something like /rngsolo and /rngmulti and it will give you a random quest name from a list of actual combat quests
have like a cooldown on it so they gotta play that quest or maybe just have 2 times they can roll for quest before cooldown

ζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘ
this one makes more sense

Soly

That bored to not know what to play? xD
Joke aside, I'm sure that would not be hard to make but well...

Ducks

stems more from people who all wanna play but don't know/care wat to play and wanna pass the decisions onto someone else

so lobby sit...

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Give me a list of quests with forced 2-player switches and I can change them all for you.

Eriror

Lost Ice Spinner as well, but that might be intended I guess? It says you need 2 people in the quest description, so I'm not sure if you want to change that.

Aleron Ives

You can't change Lost ICE SPINNER without seriously breaking the flow of the quest. It has lots of fences that lock behind you, too, as the whole thing was designed for multiplayer, unlike the quests that have arbitrary multiplayer doors for no reason other than to stop you from soloing.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can.

In area 1, the only forced 2-player switch is the door you need to open with the 3 warp split, making that stay down wouldn't break the flow (you'd do middle warp followed by left warp). (for the crusher trap, you can just pipe out of it, which people do in multiplayer anyway because waiting sucks)

In area 2, the left/right split at the first 2-switch door stays down anyway, and you could just do each side one by one. For the second door in area 2, you'd just press each switch one by one. The gate would still close behind you and you'd still have to kill the enemies on the other side (so bring a gun) before you can get back.

In area 3, the 2-switch door there doesn't really mess with flow by making the switches stay down.

Just change the switches and leave the fences alone, and the quest still works fine.