Resetting materials

Mr J

Surprised it hasn't been asked already.
Is it possible to make an NPC or a quest where you can pay to reset your materials? No I totally didn't accidently use an extra def material while menu scrambling. really i just miscalculated my mag plans and ate too many def materials to get the mag i wanted...

Soly

It has been asked before but in the Ephinea part of the forum, it is fairly easy to implement if you have some programming knowledge and look at the ship source, I made a mat edit feature in my custom database client.

I would say an npc or quest (which probably would make an npc do it anyway) is going too far, unless you are skilled in pso script which for me is way too complicated for something that could be handled very easily in C (a player command).

Aleron Ives

I'm fairly certain that there is no quest command to reset your material usage, anyway. IIRC the GC quests that reset your materials crash your game in a special way that causes it to forget how many materials you've used, or something like that. I've never examined such a quest to find out what it does.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
If we wanted to go through the hassle of creating a specific quest for this, it would be best to have an NPC offer it and the user have to select the option from a menu/confirm their request. The ship could then reset the mat usages.

Mr J

Rethinking it, adding an NPC in Gallon's Shop might be the most fitting way if that's possible.

Soly

Mr J said:
Rethinking it, adding an NPC in Gallon's Shop might be the most fitting way if that's possible.
Still I'd just stick to the player command, if you really want to be safe with it, code it so it will work only while in gallon's shop or any other quest and that's it.