Replacing Mag models with custom 3D models [Updated method 26/1/22]

egg yolk

So, there is now a better way to make mag models without using a Virtual Machine or 3DS MAX. I have linked a video guide explaining how below, you may also need to refer to the text guide for using AFS Manager and Texture Manager still though. The links to tools is in the video description.

Updated video guide using njaGen:

The old text guide is still attached.

Thanks! ^^b

Attachments

• Replacing Mag Models in PSOBB.pdf
    734.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Wooo thats fantastic!!!!
but im still working how to fix the server resource and let challenge mode work~~

Heya. So since our last discussion I have managed to get the 3.0 version working under Windows 10! Whilst the original 98 environment worked fine and got me to where I am now, there are serveral advantages as you can imagine. I have begun putting instructions together but what I think I'll do is add/ammend the version you have linked as it is very in depth and your structuring is great and the information is mostly the same. If you want to collaborate on a Document online through any platform let me know. Open to any suggestions.

Just a quick fyi the avatar picture is actually my first sucessful export made under the Win10 3.0 environment.

I haven't tested anything with a skeleton yet but as the ramar helmet is a static model it works fine. Even the visor changes colour in the dressing room.

Happy Christmas and thank you for your original guidance.

Last edited:
Heya. So since our last discussion I have managed to get the 3.0 version working under Windows 10! Whilst the original 98 environment worked fine and got me to where I am now, there are serveral advantages as you can imagine. I have begun putting instructions together but what I think I'll do is add/ammend the version you have linked as it is very in depth and your structuring is great and the information is mostly the same. If you want to collaborate on a Document online through any platform let me know. Open to any suggestions.

Just a quick fyi the avatar picture is actually my first sucessful export made under the Win10 3.0 environment.

I haven't tested anything with a skeleton yet but as the ramar helmet is a static model it works fine. Even the visor changes colour in the dressing room.

Happy Christmas and thank you for your original guidance.

*-* !! So cool that it works in Windows 10! That makes everything way more accessible. I would be happy to collaborate on the document and will get in touch soon. My plan is to expand the one document to include the process for different model swaps, it perhaps needs to be streamlined now since we don't need VM. :p

Very happy to see you've made something btw. Is looking cool.

Can I make a mag that is a combo of the devil wings and devil tail I always hated there was no version like that.

Can I make a mag that is a combo of the devil wings and devil tail I always hated there was no version like that.

You could but it won't behave how you expect it to. Since a mag model is only offset by a single origin, both the wings and tail would share that origin and both objects would be offset by that origin's position and rotation. It would look even weirder if the mod inherited animation from the original devil wings, which it might do. I never actually tried to replace that file, so I'm not sure if animation would be inherited.

You would need to get both original models of devil wings and devil tail converted to OBJ first, and then model/re-texture them into a single mesh. It's definitely not a trivial mod.

Damn I wish it was easier I know how to model and stuff I use maya. Could I make the animations from scratch in maya so that the wings and tail move right then import that?

Damn I wish it was easier I know how to model and stuff I use maya. Could I make the animations from scratch in maya so that the wings and tail move right then import that?

There is no support for adding new animations with this tool, you should imagine it as a tool that redraws a model in game but keeps the existing logic properties of the file that is replaced.

As an example, if you replaced Tellusis, it is one model that by logic is mirrored, so your single model would be duplicated and mirrored in game, as well as being offset by Tellusis's model origin. Sometimes there is animation in the model file itself, but I didn't reverse engineer animation files, just model generation.

You are really researching as much as myself when using this tool to replace mags like devil wings, since I've never tried that.

If you want to know more about this tool and process, you can read my forum post about making it here: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/ninja-ascii-nja-format-conversion-from-obj-theory.20755/

I have DM'd you my discord too, if you have any particular questions.

Back