Replacing Mag models with custom 3D models

simplify

I have received quite a few messages about this so I finally wrote it out. This is mostly aimed at people with an interest in 3D modelling, but also researchers. I am hoping to produce more essay style guides/documents like this in the future, for modifying weapons, shields and static scenery models. I will also write something about character models to explain why it doesn't work and how it affects the game.

I have attached it as a .PDF.

If anyone does read this, please let me know what you think!

Thanks! ^^b

Attachments

• Replacing Mag Models in PSOBB.pdf
    734.7 KB · Views: 22

Sancaros

Wooo thats fantastic!!!!
but im still working how to fix the server resource and let challenge mode work~~

DOOMGUY

Teacher of things by day, bringer of DooM by night
Heya. So since our last discussion I have managed to get the 3.0 version working under Windows 10! Whilst the original 98 environment worked fine and got me to where I am now, there are serveral advantages as you can imagine. I have begun putting instructions together but what I think I'll do is add/ammend the version you have linked as it is very in depth and your structuring is great and the information is mostly the same. If you want to collaborate on a Document online through any platform let me know. Open to any suggestions.

Just a quick fyi the avatar picture is actually my first sucessful export made under the Win10 3.0 environment.

I haven't tested anything with a skeleton yet but as the ramar helmet is a static model it works fine. Even the visor changes colour in the dressing room.

Happy Christmas and thank you for your original guidance.

Last edited:

simplify

Heya. So since our last discussion I have managed to get the 3.0 version working under Windows 10! Whilst the original 98 environment worked fine and got me to where I am now, there are serveral advantages as you can imagine. I have begun putting instructions together but what I think I'll do is add/ammend the version you have linked as it is very in depth and your structuring is great and the information is mostly the same. If you want to collaborate on a Document online through any platform let me know. Open to any suggestions.

Just a quick fyi the avatar picture is actually my first sucessful export made under the Win10 3.0 environment.

I haven't tested anything with a skeleton yet but as the ramar helmet is a static model it works fine. Even the visor changes colour in the dressing room.

Happy Christmas and thank you for your original guidance.

*-* !! So cool that it works in Windows 10! That makes everything way more accessible. I would be happy to collaborate on the document and will get in touch soon. My plan is to expand the one document to include the process for different model swaps, it perhaps needs to be streamlined now since we don't need VM. :p

Very happy to see you've made something btw. Is looking cool.