Rejoin a quest after disconnecting.

Ade

;3
Is there any way to implement a feature where a player could rejoin a quest after getting disconnected? Maybe place a 5-minute time limit on it?

Thanks. Just curious.

i dont think this would be easy at all but i do agree it would be insaaaanely helpful

Reactions: Ade
I'd love it but IIRC the game really, really doesn't like people joining after a quest starts.

Reactions: Ade
The problem is you don't know how to set the registers of the new player. You'd have to code specific settings to send to the person who's joining based on each quest and the various stages of that quest, e.g. you might only need to sync the timer in one quest, but in another quest you might need to sync Quest Board items based on which areas the existing players have already completed, and in another quest you might need to sync a dozen registers to different values depending upon which objectives the team has completed so far (e.g. WIS in RT). Even if you got it sort of working, it would be a nightmare to fix every bug and exploit that would undoubtedly be opened by trying it.

The reason you can join the Government "quests" is that they're really not quests at all: they're just the freeplay maps pasted into quest files, so there is almost nothing quest-specific that you need to sync when new players join -- just like freeplay.

Back