Red King's Steam Controller Master Pack!

RedKing

Hopeless Creature
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
I'm back with a very long overdue update on my Steam Controller configs from this post
I'm going to use a lot of spoiler tags so nobody it hit in the face with a daunting wall of text on entry.
CASTRadialSmall.png
If you are setting up for the first time, I recommend Xira's guide
And now, you can download --> Red King's Steam Controller master Pack <-- right here!

What's in the box!?
1 Steam Controller profile for PSO:BB run through Steam with button pad Turbo switch on the right grip for fast selling, dialogue skipping and item grabbing.
1 Xbox controller profile for PSO:BB run through Steam.
1 Pallet Manager profile to match the radial menus.
39 custom made radial menu icons for Steam control customisation based on the original icon art.

What does it do?
Uses a PM profile with three configurations:
#1: Tech users who can use Megid, Grants and Reverser.
#2: Droids, because items, traps and items.
#3: Tech users who can't use Megid, Grants or Reverser, replacing these with other much needed goodies, like the humble Moon Atomiser.

Uses a Steam Controller profile with three sub-profiles to synchronise the icons with each of the PM categories above, as well as binding left stick click to just auto-run forwards until you do something else (good for idle running while you scratch your nose). This profile takes advantage of the grip buttons, by adding VOIP client Push To Talk functionality in the left grip and TURBO functionality for the button pad in the right grip

Uses an Xbox controller profile for Steam with the same three sub-profiles to synchronise your icons, and gives your auto run functionality like with the Steam Controller profile

The synchronised icons sit in place of a standard number wheel so you can visualise your hot bars instead of doing them mental work on translating bar position to number. This part took me the longest to do because I wanted clean, good quality and accurate icons. So i inflated the originals up 6x, made full vectors from scratch, and then turned those into reasonably sized PNGs for Steam.

So, what's new, then? Well, a lot, and yet not very much at the same time.
I messed up a couple of icon placements in the old setup (I had a second Zalure icon where Jellen was being used) I didn't fix the screen shots because I'm lazy, nobody bring out pitch forks for it!
Second fix is compatibility! I now have a second profile which is made for Xbox 360/Xbox One controllers, identical in every way the different hardware allows for. Why have this wonderful pack be exclusive to one piece of discontinued hardware?
The old guide is outdated since Steam have gone and streamlined some parts of their structure and messed up others since I last released this. Non-Steam games no longer have a named folder in \apps\ - they now get the same treatment as any other Steam game, so you have to do some digging if you've made configs in the past
The radial menu icons and PM profile weren't in my previous post because I had only provided code from the config file last time, but now I have a full upload!
I've added both full and TL;DR instructions in the pack.
A Readme file with walls of text for all the guidance you (hopefully) should need.

Last edited:
Could this work with PS4/PS5 controllers? Been trying Steam input with no luck remapping buttons :(

Could this work with PS4/PS5 controllers? Been trying Steam input with no luck remapping buttons :(
Sorry for being so late on this, there is an input fix you need to get hold of from Xira's guide in the original post.
Without that guide, I'd never have gotten Steam input to work.
Someone else I speak with recently tried out PS4 controller and they got it to work with just the d3d8.dll installed

Ok, after @Sodaboy latest and very welcome update this information is out of date. As he rightly said PSOBB.exe no longer requires Administrative permissions Steam no longer does either to use the controller overlay. Confirmed this working myself.

Thank you.
Good news! Used this thread and was able to get it up and running (Thank you DOOMGUY!)

Back