Reconnecting while you dc'd in quest

Ceri0n

Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Everybody has had it once in a while but....while doing LHP again and DC'ing at falz, 3rd form, it really made me quite frustrated. Is there anyway that an option can be build in so someone has time to reconnect (certainly in quest while doing HBR)?

Thx in advance :)

I think the way the game handles game creation as well as holding games open this isnt doable...I think @falkenjeff can tell you more.

The problem is how quests work, synced stuff won't be synced when you join after the quest has been started...
It might cause crashes, desync, etc...

Yeah, I'm sure it's been mentioned before it brakes stuff. Just gotta bite your teeth and replay..

Well, not everything has to be synced right, just the things that are important? I know it might be a bit unstable but you can join government quests as well, can't you? Anyway, if there could be a solution to this problem then it would be great.

Well, not everything has to be synced right, just the things that are important? I know it might be a bit unstable but you can join government quests as well, can't you? Anyway, if there could be a solution to this problem then it would be great.
They're saying the important things are the things that aren't getting synced :p
That's why it causes crashes, etc.

I know it might be a bit unstable but you can join government quests as well, can't you?
The only reason you can join Government "quests" is that they're just ghetto copies of the freeplay maps shoved into quest files to give the illusion that PSO's story has more influence on the gameplay than it really does; they're not true, original quests. They don't use the script to do anything interesting the way real quests do, so there's nothing that needs to be synchronised between clients to let you join them.

Genuine quests manipulate registers to track your progress throughout the quest, and your progress is lost when you disconnect from the server and wipe the quest from PSO's memory.

Ahh well, guess it can't be done then... my knowledge about programming is too little to go into it any further but thx for the replies guys.

It can also be abused (eg: quitting and rejoining a quest with a time limit).

Back