Rare monster occurrence rates?

Wilhuf

Overanalyzer
Guildcard
I couldn't find it anywhere, what are the rare monster occurrence rates on this server? Are there things that can affect the rates? I can estimate them from the kill counters page (https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/kill-counters/) but it would be nice to know the exact rates.

It should be 1/512 in normal circumstances. If we hit milestone though, it can go up to around 1/400

1/512
It's boosted on HC by 50%?
Also weekly MSR has a chance to boost rare enemies.

Thanks for the answers! But does anyone have any idea why the empirical rates seem to be higher for some monsters? For example, about 1/100 of the Merissa A's found on this server were Merissa AA's and 1/200 of the Zus were Pazuzus. The episode I monsters all seem to be found at a rate of 1/400 though, which seems plausible considering the milestone boost and HC (hardcore?) boost.

Is the rate simply different for episode IV or am I missing something?

Is the rate simply different for episode IV or am I missing something?

If you're checking ratios to monsters killed it's the amount that those monsters are seen, ep4 quests have high concentrations to each quest, and they have higher value of loot so what we see is a lot more people hunting ep4 monsters for stuff. It also should be considered that hardmode and normal mode ep4 are spammed a lot so a lot more of the enemies are seen and killed quickly by high levels for photon crystals.

It's also not a fixed rate (unless I've missed something all these years) so, you have a chance to encounter pazuzu your first try, or after 1000 zus. It's not a set rate of "You kill 512 Zu, now pazuzu will appear for sure!". It's just a number representing your chance.

If you're checking ratios to monsters killed it's the amount that those monsters are seen, ep4 quests have high concentrations to each quest, and they have higher value of loot so what we see is a lot more people hunting ep4 monsters for stuff. It also should be considered that hardmode and normal mode ep4 are spammed a lot so a lot more of the enemies are seen and killed quickly by high levels for photon crystals.
I don't quite understand what you're saying here. I mean that when you look at the all-time kills for merissas, for example, you'll see that the actual numbers don't match the 1/512 rate (5,341 / (554,783 + 5,341) = 1/105). The probability that this would be the case is minuscule, so either the rates are different for merissas or something else is happening. For example people only kill the AA variants but ignore the A ones or something. I'm just curious what's happening here.

It's also not a fixed rate (unless I've missed something all these years) so, you have a chance to encounter pazuzu your first try, or after 1000 zus. It's not a set rate of "You kill 512 Zu, now pazuzu will appear for sure!". It's just a number representing your chance.
I understand that, it's like rolling a 512-sided die every time. You can theoretically encounter a million zus without ever seeing a pazuzu.

I think Black Papers Deal (specifically the second one) explains this disconnect
BPD2 has 3 Del Rappies, a Merissa AA (or multiple?), and a Pazuzu.
These are set spawns sooo yeah.
r8 is 1/512 m8

credit to @ToasterMage the real mvp

Last edited:
I think Black Papers Deal (specifically the second one) explains this disconnect
r8 is 1/512 m8

I thought it was 5 del and 3 AA. Regardless, nice point.

I haven't done bpd in MONTHS idk man ; ;

r8 is 1/512 m8

Now everything makes sense, I didn't know about these quests. So getting an ophelie seize or v502 is much easier than it seems?

No. They may be set rare enemies but they have no drops. BPD and BPD2 you get 1 item or 2 after completion from a set list of items. the BPD drop charts are separate to the drop charts and are also viewable via the homepage.

Well. AA isnt hard to find. There is about 58 merissa in ma4a, 28ish in Wol4 and 38ish in 9-6.

Last edited:
Back