Rare Findings and/or Accomplishment Thread

9R5i0x5.jpg

kp8gDuY.jpg

Both teammates disconnected at Kondrieu. Came pretty close to beating it. Took another whack at it solo with plenty of scapes and got this.... (Just using caduceus, 4 slot red coat with all dragon hps, force wall, and 15/0/0/185 mag)
Mother Garb+ starting with 1 slotpso131437807595006609.jpg

I've had worse luck than my already usual below average luck lately. It was nice to find something decent finally:

g8J0EUM.jpg
Any spread needle without machine and a decent hit equals always a good day. Nice find Ade.

Last edited:
Any spread needle without machine and a decent hit equals always a good day. Nice find Ade.

Well, enemy % on a SN don't really matter. The enemy % only affects the ATP of the weapon, and SN's ATP is quite low. Around 200, I think. My 45h SN has 30 Machine, but it would still be better to use than this one. Luckily, I have a friend whose been stuck with a 15h SN for some time, so this will be a nice upgrade for them if they want to buy it on the cheap.

Edit: SN has 110 ATP at +0. I honestly don't know if enemy %s affects grind ATP.

Yes.

(Otherwise a bunch of swords would be crap)

Makes sense. Thanks!

So max grind SN has 190 ATP, so even if it had 100% in an area, it would only be 380 ATP, so the enemy %s are pretty irrelevant compared to many other weps. It would be the sort of item you would sphere if you had absolutely nothing better to do.

Wow, Machine hate. >:

Machine is good... for Vol Opt screens... which is about the only situation you would want to use a Spread Needle for damage, anyway. :'3

Yes.

(Otherwise a bunch of swords would be crap)

Have a source for this?

The damage equation I've been using doesn't.. I'll admit it's not 100% accurate but it's been pretty damn close to values I've seen ingame for something found on a rotting fansite.

Last edited:
Area % definitely adds to grinds. You can test this by using a 100% Vivienne vs. a 100% Double Cannon, the Vivienne will win out everytime, even though the damage should be roughly equal.

No Grinds on %:

Vivienne: 1250-1280
Double Cannon: 1240-1300

Grinds on %:

Vivienne: 1350-1380
Double Cannon: 1240-1300

You can test this in Sandbox.

TypeMs are also another good test for this, as their damage increases a lot with spheres.

Back