Question on Rare Enemy Rates

EBGryph

Just wondering what the rare enemy rate / calculation is here. As I recall, GC had it at 1/512, then it was dropped to 1/256 for BB. When I look at the analytics, we get some wild swings.

Hildelts per Hildetorr rate is 363
Al Rappy Per Pal Rappy is 444 (ep 2/4 rappies skew this high)
Lilies per Nar Lily is 368
Poufilly per Pouilly slime is 314
Zus per Pazuzu rate is 196 (Driven down by set in BPD?)
Dorphons per Eclair is 296 (Driven down by set in BPD?)

Originally, I figured that with the boosts, rates must be 512, and boosts push it below. But the Pazuzu rate is so far out of alignment, I don't know what to believe.

Asking because my current HP hunt has me at 204 complete TE runs, with 17 torrs, about a 1/600 rate, most of this during boost week. I know random numbers and bad RNG are a thing, but I've had 3 stretches of no torrs at 33 runs, 35 runs, and 37 runs. All of this on Aldi 1. Going to try Fodra the rest of the week to see if I get any different results.

Again, I know my sample size isn't massive and that these bad luck stretches are possible, but the overall server analytics seem to show something is off.

Last edited:
It is (was lol its been 10 years now) widely assumed that BB halved the rate to compensate for the inability to pipe enemies, but there was never any evidence.

Looking back, its weird that everyone assumed that, because ST certainly didn't throw any bones when EP4 first dropped.

It was probably a bad design choice to give rare enemies a shared spawning rate. Might be why Kondy separation was a thing. But...
That's just the way it is.

Back