Question about the SN glitch

Cifer

Hello again,

I've always used the SN glitch with certain weapons in the past, but not that often with mech guns, and mostly with instant kill weapons on forces.

Now that I'm using charge guns for damage on my RAmarl I am wondering if it's worth the hassle using the SN glitch instead of NSS. All that the SN glitch does is make one S attack hit first instead of second, and possible give it slightly higher accuracy than a second hit S because the second hit N it gets its accuracy from has a little bit higher accuracy than a second hit S attack (correct me if I'm wrong).

Is it realistic to consistently make more than one bullet of the first special of a Mechgun hit using the SN combo? Or is that only worth trying on enemies that are really slow or don't move at all, and using a normal NSS combo is better for other enemies?

And is it ever worth doing the glitch for any reason if you manage to only make it work on the first bullet of a mechgun salve?

I assume it also depends on whether you're using a damage Mechgun like Charge, or an instant kill Mechgun. Any differences regarding the glitch usage?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You've basically got it spot on tbh. Glitching isn't worth it for Sacrificial specials really, although I suppose you could *try* against really evasive enemies like Ill Gills, but not much point there. Where it really comes in handy is for S Rank mechguns, which can have unreduced Demons and Hell (normally a special like that is reduced on mechguns, as they are multitarget). These specials can make really tanky enemies very easy to deal with depending on the class you're playing, so overall, it's definitely worthwhile to learn to glitch with mechguns. Hope this helps ;)

Thanks.

Does that mean it is possible to reliably glitch the first three bullets of a combo? In the dedicated SN glitch guide on this website it says that most of the time you will only be able to glitch one or two bullets of the first three shots, meaning you'd be doing damage a bit earlier, but less damage (or health reduction with dmeons) per combo. Is that bad wording and refers to beginners only?

If it is true then I still don't really understand the advantage over using NSS. You'd get one Demon's hit earlier, but overall less damage per combo. It would only make sense to me if you can almost always get all three of them to hit so that the biggest chunk of your damage lands a bit earlier than with NSS. But then again I wouldn't understand why it's not worth it with sacrificial specials, because it would make their damage apply earlier as well.

Essentially, I still don't understand what advantage it gives that makes it worth doing with Demon's and Hell but not Charge, Spirit or Berserk. I also don't understand advantage it actually gives when people use it for the second hit of the first attack of a dagger weapon (challenge mode for example). You get higher accuracy for that one hit, but if you do a NHH or NSS combo instead aren't you going to do more damage with the combo on average?

Last edited:
Its been way too long since I played but I believe you can hit them reliably by switching to the weapon too fast for the game to keep up. The bullets will hit much later so its not ideal in some (most?) situations.

SNS is worth doing because the accuracy of a normal attack is substantially (not slightly) higher. For RAs its less of an issue and I can only picture a few situations it'd be worth using (again haven't played in forever and I suck) with mechs. But if you were a HUcast, hitting an Ill Gill with NHS using a Vise is super unreliable without status ailments on it. You could probably do more damage with SNH if you somehow had no traps and your buddies quit because you didn't use DF on Gibbles.

For demons/hell, all about how many hits would become 100% or higher chance of hitting (not necessarily activating) compared to NSS. Again, less of an issue for RAs with Mechs.

The entire use of the glitch is about accuracy; if you're hitting NSS then SNS is pretty much useless. You can't look at the usage 'on average' because 100% and 95% means you can miss and wipe in some scenarios. It can also be the difference between a guaranteed combo kill and a most likely combo kill which isn't very helpful for TA. Course, in the hucast example, it just means the Ill Gill has less of a chance of mowing you down, so the application varies.

tldr yeah don't worry about it :cool:

Thank you.

Yes, I was talking about a situation where the second part of the NSS combo hits reliably, so essentially about rangers. For Rangers it always seemed to me like it lowers your dps because as far as I know it's unrealistic to make the SN glitch activate for all three initial mech gun shots, meaning you get 7 to 8 hits instead of the 9 you get if you can hit SNN reliably. I personally still do it with Hell weapons because it applies the kill chance earlier, but if I have to use a full combo for a kill anyway it doesn't seem too provide much benefit.

I forgot how bad the ATA of HUcasts is in this game, so in the time attack example I gave its understandable.

I know which weapons can be glitched, but is there a list of which ones are actually worth glitching and commonly glitched?

If not, would someone be so kind and list them here?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Back