Question about EphineaPSO ATA Calculator

aztecaim

Cklord
Dear fellow red-box-syndrome-affected humans,
I have run into some confusion when using this ATA calculator. If you are unfamiliar with what I'm talking about, here's the link

http://ephinea.psobb.info/atacalc.php

This and more other useful information about the game can be found under the list of Informative Topics located here

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/list-of-informative-topics.342/

My confusion regarding the ATA calculator starts with my quest to find a Sealed J-Sword on my skyly RAmar. I have enough basic gear to hunt it like a no-hit Frozen Shooter, Bringer's Rifle and Heaven Striker. I've seen level 80s solo PW4 on ultimate mode, albeit with some skill, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. However, I ran into problems on the first Ill Gill. After freezing it, my Bringer's Rifle didn't seem to work as well as it did in the videos that I've watched, so I decided to check out what the percentage of landing a demon's on a frozen Ill Gill is with my current ATA. After plugging in my 328 ATA (with all of my Heavenly/arms and Ranger Wall and Bringer's Rifle equipped), it appears as though there should be a 100% chance of landing demons on the 3rd special attack. However, this is clearly not the case, as I did a little bit of testing, and missed 3 demons in a row on the third special with the Ill Gill frozen and everything. So clearly the ATA calculator is either wrong or it's excluding some other important information that is preventing me from seeing my true chances of landing a demon's on a frozen Ill Gill. I was hoping to find out the exact percentages so I could compare the benefits of either adding hit to my Bringer's Rifle or getting a pair of S-rank demon's Mechguns.

Is anyone familiar with how the exact chance of landing a demon's is calculated?

Thanks

Demon's and Devil's special is a flat 50% activation rate on hit. You can't change that, all you can do is make sure your actual attack connects. The ATA calculator is only going to show you your ability to land the hit on said monster.

IE - 328 ATA vs a Frozen Ill Gill using S/S/S Bringer's = 34/83/100% chance for your attack to CONNECT, and then further multiplied by .5 = 17/41.5/50% chance for your attacks to connect AND activate (on average). This can be confusing unless you already know this information, as your Special attack can "connect" but the Demon's not activate, and the only feedback the game will give you in this scenario is a big ol' MISS.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mad
For a Demon's special to activate, you have to hit the enemy and pass the ATA check, then you have to flip a coin (i.e. 50% chance) for the Demon's to actually activate.

Along with that, ATA calculators have a little errors in them; They say Frozen status reduces 35% EVP but it only reduces 30% EVP according to someone here who looked into the code (someone actually talked to me about how their experience doesn't quite agree with this, more confirmation would be nice). Furthermore ATA calculators uses dubious formulas that in most cases approximates the real formula, you can expect it to be off by a small amount.

Back