Quest/NPC to reset SJS kill counter.

falkenjeff

I have quit the game
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
So if anyone actually finds a nice high hit hell stick, they can reset it to 0 and never worry about accidentally unsealing it in the menu by mistake.

In b4 accidental reset.

Just don't press use.

This seems like something worth putting work into
/s

In b4 accidental reset.

Just don't press use.

Accidents happen. 100 hit hell sword becoming ruined because you accidentally clicked the wrong item in the menu after 2 years of using it? RIP 1000 PD item.

Also:

1) How would you accidentally reset it if it's literally its own quest, and you have to actually select the weapon in your inventory as well (like in gallons/claires deal), after loading up a quest exclusively for this purpose?

2) Accidental kill counter reset can be "fixed" (just kill 20k enemies again). Accidental unsealing cannot.

This seems like something worth putting work into
/s

I don't appreciate your sarcasm.

It's not even a "sodaboy change" as far as I know - anyone who knows Qedit could do it.

You wanna get technical? Technically isn't this whole server a waste of time? Why even do events at all then? Is it really worth the work for a 14 year old game no one plays? /s

Just because you don't see the value in my idea doesn't mean others wouldn't appreciate it. You don't need to be a dick about it.

EDIT: sry for outburst. Just seems like anime has been targeting me lately. It's bad enough when non-staff targets me...

Last edited:
How about this:

I'll do the QEdit "work" myself and get a working quest file ready if someone else will do "quality control" and get it working properly on Ephinea with no possible exploits, such as SJS duping etc?

sry for outburst. Just seems like anime has been targeting me lately. It's bad enough when non-staff targets me...

this is such a fringe thing for something that realistically will never happen.

p.s. you being retarded is not a reason to think anime is targetting you or whatever. stop trying to be a victim.

p.s. you being retarded is not a reason to think anime is targetting you or whatever. stop trying to be a victim.

Anime "warned" my forum account for a "mean post" that was confirmed to not be mean by multiple people. Including the person it was directed at. No one reported it.

And there's really no reason for staff to be sarcastic assholes in a forum that only staff can see. I thought that was the whole point of hiding the suggestion forum? So people don't have to bandwagon and attack ideas they hate?

this is such a fringe thing for something that realistically will never happen.

Retty found a hit machine SJS. I honestly would have used that as a hell sword if I found it for myself, and never unsealed it. Machine sucks. 100 hit SJS was an exaggeration. But hit SJS does drop.

I also offered to help with the work.

Actually, I agree that accidentally unsealing an SJS that you want to use for Hell is a real potential problem. I think an irreversible action that is easy to trigger accidentally is a poor design.

However, I'm not sure if it's worth the development effort and quest list clutter/feature bloat at this time for the number of players who would actually take advantage of this feature. (If you're willing to make the quest yourself then that addresses the first problem though, I suppose!)

In fact, does anyone already have a high-hit SJS that they want to keep as is?

You could probably piggyback Montague code for this. I personally think its a really niche thing, but it may not actually be that hard.

You could probably piggyback Montague code for this. I personally think its a really niche thing, but it may not actually be that hard.

The one thing I'm wondering is whether the server will recognize the new counter or not. Since BB has never recognized frame kills properly, and the server tracks kills separately from the client.

(A workaround for this is to delete the SJS and then create a new one with 0 kills, but that has the very very small potential for item deletion if you DC right at that exact moment)

I guess I really won't know until I learn QEdit and start messing with tekker/montague/gallons stuff and see how they really work.

Back