Quest Data

Soly

Does someone have a list of (at least the default) quest flags, stuff like unlocked government, 1p quests and so on?
Basically that's it... I know the ship handles some of those (or all) with specific quests but haven't looked too hard on it. :?

Edit:
Doubt anyone has an extensive list, so made a very specific memory reader to tell me when one of these flags gets updated lol

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Quest Flags

There's an extensive list somewhere... I know I saw it online. It's authored by Lee and some other chick (or a chick-like name...was it Eva ?? lol I forget)

I tried to Google it but couldn't find it. I think it was on a Wiki or something somewhere... Should have book marked it when I came across it.

Soly

Dang... I'll do some research then. Thanks for the info.
I have been messing with this tiny tool and have found several flags like when you clear some quests or talk to specific people but that's gonna be a long road and might miss stuff, either way works for what I want it I guess.

Hmm... just to clear it out, I don't know how to get, set or clear flags in qEdit, but I'm talking about the questData (in the character struct)
Just in case gonna update the subject lol

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
I know what you meant and I meant what you meant! I will try to find it again later.

Soly

Matt said:
Rika and Tofuman have a list on Eden. Not sure if you have an account there, but there's a puush of the list here:
http://puu.sh/l1n5o/faff232263.txt
I do and actually I read that just a few hours ago, but this is what I have
Code:
// List of Rika
Tekker talked to 0013
Unknown 0014 //set in 1-1 when entering forest1
Unknown 0015 //set in 1-1 when entering forest2
Unknown 0016 //set in 1-3 when entering the Dragon area
Caves unlocked 0018

My list, everything gets OR'd, at least for these flags
char _0x000;
char _0x001; // 0x01 = talk to scientist bank ep1, 0x10 = talk to Tyrell ep1
char _0x002; // 0x01 = beat F3, 0x02 = visit F3, 0x04 = visit F2, 0x08 = visit F1, 0x10 = talk to tekker ep1, 0x20 = talk to guy near bank ep1_on, 0x40 = message capsule F2
char _0x003; // 0x80 = talk to tyrel after gov_1_3 (in quest), 0x02 = visit C1

I thought of those being bit positions in the whole questdata array, but it doesn't make sense because for example if you go to F1 (it can be in free roam actually) the bit 0x13 gets set, if you go to F2 the bit 0x12 gets set, while in his list it increases the offset (if it's one).

Edit:
I could be wrong in the endianness, I'll do some mockups later lol

Aleron Ives

You can't get all of them by looking at the default quest and the offline quests; as you've probably observed by now, PSO is hard coded to set many of them automatically, such as the pflags that get set when you beat the bosses.

Soly

Yeah, what I was doing is, while actively reading the portion of the memory holding the quest_data_1 (haven't found where the second quest data is during gameplay lol), and then just logging any change in that memory.

Anyway right now qEdit is just too messy for me, need to dedicate some time to it at some point but I don't think would be soon.

Aleron Ives

Out of curiosity, why do you want to document the flags? They're binary and per difficulty, so you can't do much of anything interesting with them. They're only useful for detecting whether you've completed a certain event in a specific quest already so as to unlock some other event in another quest. It's possible to do the same in custom quests, assuming you can find an unused flag. Do you know how many there are? I've yet to discover if every version's save data has the same number of slots available or if Sega added more as time went on.

Soly

Yeah I noticed the difficulty, 128 bytes per difficulty at least in the first quest_data, there is another 92 bytes that I haven't messed with further in the character data.
The why, http://i.imgur.com/UXvpMH3.jpg, I know I can't do much with them but is just something I want to have there.

Soly

That second block of 92 bytes has some data in my character over ultima, I'll need to check at some point

Edit:
Apparently both lists have either wrong flag descriptions or have some missing (not many tho).